“Friendly fun with great food”

Giovanni's Ristorante & Lounge
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian cuisine in a friendly and informal atmosphere. Giovanni's provides an elegant and delicious Italian dining experience 6 evenings per week. Reservations strongly recommended. Patio open in summer. Everything from pastas, to steak, seafood, chicken, veal, lamb, and gluten-free options. Extensive wine list. Open from 5 pm - 9 pm. Lounge open at 12 pm for lunch.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped by this restaurant in downtown Qualicum Beach on a sunny afternoon for a late lunch. We sat with friends in a secluded spot on the patio. Our friends ordered a medium pizza to share while my husband and I ordered a large. Both pizzas were different but both were equally delicious. It was evident that a medium pizza would have sufficed for our lunch, but it was hard not to eat the rest of the pizza. Somehow this led to a bit of fun with our waitress and she awarded my husband with an honoury moustache with "I suvived the Giovanni experience" written on it. Great food, wonderful atmosphere and friendly staff. Definitely a must when visiting Qualicum Beach!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Had heard great things about Giovanni’s, but was disappointed. Ordered fettucini alfredo with prawns. Unfortunately, the pasta was over cooked and the sauce was like thick paste. The decor and atmosphere were wonderful, but I’ll be returning to Bistro 694 for their seafood crepe instead. P

Reviewed 26 May 2018

My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner last week. We have lived in the area for two years now and had not eaten here before. Pleasantly surprised, nice atmosphere, romantic and you can actually hear yourself speak. Our server was wonderful and on the ball. We ordered two appetizers, Calamari Tzatziki and the Carpaccio Di Manzo. Both delicious and fresh tasting. Hubby had the Vitello Funghi and I had the Prawn special. We left here happy and content the way one should feel when they eat out at a nice restaurant.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

We have been to Giovanni's many times and they never disappoint. The service is always great and food even greater. This visit my husband started with the Tomato basil soup and then the Braised lamb shank. I started with the Sambuca Prawns then the Linquini Carbonara. Both meals were FANTASTIC! We highly recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Really enjoyable evening with friends. The service was efficient and friendly and the food was marvelous. Three of our party had the specials and loved them. Two of us had the Chicken Marsala and it was delicious. And one had a salad with chicken...also delicious. The shrimp appetizer was very nice as were the two desserts.