“Hen party weekend”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Dove Farmhouse

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

franp33
London
“Hen party weekend”
Reviewed 15 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The house and next door cottage were fantastic for my sister's hen party. The house has a number of areas for relaxing/socialising, and a huge kitchen for everyone to eat together in. The rooms were comfortable and the whole house was well stocked to make our stay easy. The garden was big and beautiful to relax in. Jo was quick to help with anything before, during and after our stay. The next door cottage (rented separately) was again lovely, and convenient for people to stay in to be part of, but a little away from the main party! Would thoroughly recommend the house for a hen party or other large gathering.

17 May 2017
Thank you for your lovely review Fran. It was a pleasure to have you all to stay both at Dove Farmhouse and the Cart Lodge.
sophiepar...
“Sophisticated Hen Do”
Reviewed 1 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I searched high and low for a place for 14 of us to celebrate my sisters hen do. She is not a fan of the typical drunken escapades of a bride to be, so I knew the house needed to be nice!

This house wasn't nice...it was AMAZING! The space is just incredible and with 14 ladies we didn't feel cramped at all. It was lovely to all be able to fit round the kitchen table comfortably and in the lounge too. The house has been immaculately done to a high standard and feels just like a home from home. I couldn't believe how well equipped it was, with plenty of glasses, crockery and cooking utensils.

It was so lovely to arrive to a little hamper of locally sourced goodies, not expected but a little detail that warmed my heart and told me the owner really cares about hosting people well.

Every single guest commented on how lovely the house was and a lot of them asked me for the details of how I found it, as they are keen to come back with their own friends and families.

I would highly recommend this house to anyone looking for lots of space and a relaxing weekend and Jo the owner was nothing but helpful, kind and quick with responding to any questions.

Thank you so much!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Aug 2016
Thank you for your lovely review, it means so much to us when people enjoy and appreciate the house which has been in my husbands family for over 100yrs. We would love to welcome back you and your friends in the future and thank you for leaving the house so beautifully tidy. Jo
Cheryldea...
Norwich
“Great find”
Reviewed 21 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Lovely place. Plenty of space, host fantastic. Hamper left was a lovely surprise and nice touch.
Games room idea, nice pub down the road.
This place is great to get friend together who haven't seen each other for a while for a weekend break.
Would return

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
21 Apr 2016
Thank you Cheryl for the kind review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your weekend at Dove Farmhouse. It would be lovely to welcome you back in the future.
Sara S
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic farmhouse, great for a large gathering”
Reviewed 20 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

From the start Jo was extremely helpful and communicative. I had lots of questions as I was trying to organise a group of 18 people for my 30th birthday weekend. She discussed the options we had available and made some great suggestions to help us with our day activities.

We rented both the Dove Farmhouse and the Cartlodge (which accommodates 4 people) and were very impressed. I believe we were one of the first parties to rent the Cartlodge and wanted to say what an amazing job they have done on the renovations. My friends that stayed there loved it. The farmhouse itself is huge, over the weekend we didn't even get to try out the games room! It was beautifully clean and everything we needed was to hand, could possible do with another fridge in the utility but it's no issue.

I was particularly touched by the 2 hampers we received of local produce and snacks. It was totally unexpected and a really nice added touch.

I can't recommend this place enough, I looked a a number of other places to hold my birthday that weekend and I'm so glad we chose here. Not only is it lovely but the price was so much more inline with our budgets than other options I had explored.

Keep it up! Thanks for a wonderful stay :)

Travelling group: Large Group
Raina J
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic house!”
Reviewed 17 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Came here with 11 friends to celebrate my birthday. House was immaculate, plenty of toilets and bathrooms (even for 12 women!!) which looked recently refurbished. Kitchen was a great size and easily sat 12 round the kitchen table. Beds were extremely comfortable as were the pillows, plenty of towels were also supplied.

Garden was massive and also had plenty of seating round a large table for a big group, the gas BBQ was easy to use. The owner was extremely helpful and when we emailed her on numerous occasions with questions before our visit she was very friendly and prompt with her response. We also needed their help a couple of times while we were at the house and they attended to us pretty much immediately, very helpful indeed.

Big Tescos and the train station was only a 10 minute drive away in Diss. We had a fun-packed weekend at the house so didn't venture out so I can't comment on local attractions.

Overall the house exceeded our expectations and I would most definitely recommend this for either a large family get together or a group of friends. Perfect!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size and condition of the house.
Liked least: The wasps, but thats just nature! Maybe take citronella candle??
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
18 Aug 2015
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you had such a good girlie weekend and enjoyed the house. Thank you so much for leaving it so tidy and clean.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing