Lowest prices for your stay
US$156
Reviews (1 676)
1 676 results
1 156
1 156
All reviews beautiful hotel monte casino bird park star hotel cake out of this world excellent service wedding anniversary south africa top class friends and family excellent stay johannesburg montecasino tuscany concierge luxury
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 1 676 reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

So disappointed, this used to be an amazing hotel. Sadly it is now one of the worst I have ever stayed at. The general attitude of reception, management, not to mention the outdated rooms is shocking...I can go on. This is a 2 star hotel at best !

Room tip: The staff don’t care
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2021

Good day Mr 021bandit,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Palazzo Hotel,

Please could you provide more details on what occurred during your stay in order for me to respond. We would value your feedback and look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2021

How is it possible to have a so poor internet connection in the middle of Johannesburg and in a 5 stars hotel? It is simply unbelievable.
And do not expect any assistance form the staff: a lot of promise and no action at all!
I am still waiting for the IT engineer since 3 days!
Still in the place I am really wondering if we will or move to another place.
Simply unacceptable for the price

Room tip: Avoid the place except if you do not use internet!
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank LJaouani
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Good day Mr LJaouani

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Palazzo Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for your concerns raised in this review, this is certainly not the level of service you have would have come to expect from the Palazzo hotel. I assure you this feedback will be used constructively during these difficult times to improve on our services to all out guests.

I hope you give us the opportunity for us to restore your faith in us and that your next stay planned for the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 April 2021

I reached this hotel rather late in the evening. Upon arrival, I was assisted by a caring service desk manager. She quickly arranged a room and even gave me a discount. The room has ample space, it was very airy and had a lovely morning sunrise which I enjoyed. The view overlooked the main terrace with huge pool. Design of the hotel looks like something out of Tuscany or Florence. In every single corner, your eyes are met with the most exquisite art. The service was amazing, I requested quite a few little things.
For a great view, ask for a room that overlooks the terrace. No need for your own toiletries, Molton Brown is what is complimentary, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room tip: Make sure you take as many selfies and snaps as you can.
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank soulfulvegetarian

Dear soulfulvegetarian,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a such a great review on the Palazzo Hotel.

We are delighted that the team were able to meet your all requirements and that your stay was a memorable one. We will most certainly pass these kind words on to our colleagues as it proves to be highly motivational.

We hope that your next stay is planned for the near future as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

We had a small family tea party devoted to my daughter's 11th birthday. It was her first high tea, and it indeed impressed her and all of our family. We were offered two towers of savoury and sweet treats, as well as a selection of TWG teas. They also offered coffee/hot chocolate but we only had tea (marvelous!). The interior, as well as the porcelain was spectacular. I am thinking of coming back to the place for a sundown cocktail, since the surroundings are really beautiful.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

Dear muzzy1980,

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

As someone that has stayed here more than 50 times it is sad to see what has happend to it. This Hotel is now a 2 star at best and even then I am being generous. Please don't do yourself the disservice of staying here. Not even coffee creamer in the room. No room service. Barely standing.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JacoRSA
Julian Joubert, General Manager at The Palazzo Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Good day JacoRSA

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Palazzo Hotel.