Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21/08/12
Free cancellation until 21/08/14
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/08/14
PricelineUS$59
FindHotelUS$50
getaroom.comUS$112
All reviews mowana spa chief's boma main building spa experience rooms are large value for money breakfast buffet golf cart a lovely stay home away from home conference epsom johannesburg birds impala kruger
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2019

My husband and I always love our stays at Indaba Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the newly renovated reception and Epsom Restaurant facilities. It is beautiful and the staff are always so accommodating. Would recommend this to locals and travellers abroad, for a taste of warm South African hospitality and a beautiful array of foods from both Epsom and Chiefs Boma.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SharonH549, Guest Relations Manager at Indaba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2019

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us and will certainly pass your kind comments on to the team

Reviewed 29 March 2019

hopefully i stayed only for 1 night and i run away:!
service is horrible, terrible!

room is a shame, phone doesnt work..a 1 star rated!

i arrived with my big suitcase in the evening, and they didnt help me to go to the room,(all rooms are spread in big gardens and parks which is very nice but we can get lost so easily especially at night)
;i told them: give me a room next to the reception, i dont want to walk far or get lost in all gardens, i was tired: they didnt help me, they didnt check if the room was close, they just told me:" oh it s easy you go there, turn left, turn right.." .AND I KNEW IT i got lost! it was evening, and we cant see the room numbers in the dark, and it is super badly indicated;
so i was already angry because they saw me leaving in the night with my big suitcase, no lights, and i told them i know i will be lost, and they didnt care a bit!

then i arrived in room: i couldnt believe how tiny and ugly it was! a 4 stars really??!, with decoration like 100 years old; depressing and ugly! AND SO TINY; all is old and ugly; even phone doesnt work! the bathroom is a cube!

I went to the restaurant for food but i wanted to order something delivered in my room : they showed me the room service menu, and they were very few choices:
so i asked them if i can take something from the restaurant menu instead to be delivered: they said "no"..! (i asked it in my other hotel and it was a big yes anytime..) ; what' s the difference for them if i order something from restaurant if i eat it in restaurant or in my room?? they just said"no"!

later, back in my room i wanted to call reception to book a taxi for next morning because i forgot to ask at reception: phone didnt work! it s an old phone like they had in the Sixties and it didnt work!
i had to call from my mobile which is a french one (cost a lot of money calling here)

so i called from my mobile: the man who picked up the phone said: all is closed now, call back tomorrow morning! ? ah ah!!!

Next morning i went to take my breakfast: i wanted to eat outside : nice terrasse; i asked if they can give me a tray so that i can take everything outside and avoid to go back and forth 3 times from inside to outside : they just said: we are not allowed to lend you a tray!!
i said ok. and a server told me, dont worry we will help you carry all things. and disappeard:!
so i had a lot of stuff in my arms, fruits, cereals etc to avoid few trips:
the servers saw me struggling with all this ; i almost dropped everything: they looked at me, and absolutly noone helped me!!
then after breakfast i went to reception to book a taxi to go to my customer: OH MY GOD! it was like the end of the world!!! as if i had asked them to launch nuclear missiles!
they were completly lost and confused! they said "we dont have hotel taxis available," "do you mean a huber?" but for a huber you have to book in advance," and do have cash for huber"? etc!
they were absolutly lost and confused and crazy just because i asked for a taxi! (in southern sun hotel which i stayed the other nights you can book A hotel taxi day and night, and if you forget you have 10 perfect hotel taxis waiting for you anytime) ;
this time i was beginning to get reaaaaly angry: it was too much! what is this hotel? they cant even book a taxi for you?? i said just book me a hotel taxi to go to my customer! is that too much to ask for A 4 star?
they finally found a taxi? ALLELUHIA!! :big deal it was!

i asked them to put the taxi on the global bill (with room, dinner and everything; it s much easier for me to have one global bill as expense):
again it was like if i had asked an impossible thing! end of the world!!
they tried and tried and tried .. but is seems it was too complicated for them to do, they couldn t do it on the computer!..
after 10 minutes i said forget it ! give me a separate bill..I JUST WANTED to get out of this place, as noone seems to understand anything, or to care about anything, or to know what a customer is!
oh something else: i was going from my room to reception and you can see employees smoking their cigarettes outside in the gardens during their breaks , which is not very classy (you ll never see that in other 4 stars hotels) which i can understand even if it s not classy: but the guy will look at you without even saying hello or good morning or something..just smoking, look at you .. you really dont feel valued as a guest..AS a customer here

THE ONLY good thing is the beautiful gardens with some birds; so all rooms are lost in nature which is absolutly beautiful; but all this is totALLY ruined by the terrible service and the DEPRESSING ROOM (i have seldom saw a room that looked that old and depressing in a so called 4 star) even in 2 stars room doesnt look like this

conclusion: STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL THAT UNFORTUNATLY DOESNT DESERVE ANY OF THE STARS; it is too bad really because it could be an amazing place with all these beautifuls gardens!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JOHANNA R

Disappointed by your review and do hope that you found hotel accommodation that better suited your needs

I am sure that you will note from the majority of our guest reviews that your experience was not the norm as we are renowned for our service excellence.

I believe that our Front Office Manager assisted you with your complaints during your stay and certainly tried to resolve all, but was unable to satisfy you thus agreed to cancel your room as requested with no costs incurred

We do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

I’m a big fan of this spa, I’ve been there on several occasions including this past weekend and the treatments are top quality with well trained staff & amazing finishing touches & a tranquil location. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nompumelelo N

Reviewed 25 March 2019

Cleanliness and Poor services of the room service additional to all the how they communicate with the people which was not in good manner. They should learn from the reception on how to treat clients.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the feedback. We will certainly investigate all further and take corrective action as necessary

Hope to welcome you back soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2019

Definitely one of the best hotels we have stayed at in SA. My only regret is not staying longer. Rooms were perfectly clean and food was amazing. The personal touch including the little gifts in the room for our anniversary was just extra special. The Mowana spa couples African experience was met all surpassed all expectations! Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple