Lowest prices for your stay
US$137
PricelineUS$137
Destinia.comUS$139
Reviews (1 244)
1 244 results
All reviews monte casino excellent service value for money business trip the hotel staff lovely hotel tsogo sun breakfast buffet easy access rooms are spacious fantastic stay cake montecasino complex johannesburg gym theatre
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 244 reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2020

everything was wonderful at this hotel except the meal in punchanellos it is wonderful for breakfast and lunches on the deck outside but the dinner was poor pasta floating in oil and cold beef rib .There are so many excellent restaurants at Monte Casino they really need to be exceptional to attract diners .

Reviewed 24 February 2020

WiFi: you don't advertise free WiFi when it is limited to 500 MB/day, this is simply outrageous and unacceptable. As someone travelling for business I had to go out and buy a local SIM card to manage things. I have asked specifically for non-smoking room - received a smoking one, fortunately it did not stink as bad as I expected. In-room dining was OK, but do not order a pizza ever if you want to live.
Some of the staff would not return my morning hellos even on the third day.
Last but not least: I did not like the constant disturbance caused by the hotel staff. Every day I received about 2-4 phone calls from them asking if I'm doing okay. Trust me, after the third one that wakes you up after a long night shift you won't be smiling. Next every day at least 1-2 times somebody knocking on my door to ask if I had laundry, or if I'm finally leaving the room (!!) because they want to do housekeeping. I never experienced anything like this in any hotel, most of the time people leave you alone which is my preference as well.
Last day at 8am again knocking on the door, a staff member wanted to perform housekeeping. I told her I'll be checking out around 9:30, so come back after that. Again knocking at 9:30 sharp. I told her sorry I need like 1 more minute to finish up packing, she pouted and said "but Sir you said you will leave at 9:30"...I mean come on, check out time is 11, I take 1 minute more for packing and I'm basically being kicked out of my room? Crazy.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hundomi1992
Reviewed 24 February 2020

It was my husband's bday and the cake I requested was not in the room when we arrived. The receptionist was very rude and told me that there nothing that could be done. The reservation department did not inform them about the bday and it was too late to rectify. It was only after I demanded the situation be rectified that we received the cake and wine. The door between the bathroom and bedroom was broken, the thermostat on the air conditioner was broken and could not be adjusted and the chair at the desk was broken. The hotel manager, Paul, was very apologetic at the end of our stay and promised to make it up to us the next time we stay over. I'm still not sure if we'd like to return.

Reviewed 17 February 2020

It was a wonderful 'binge' experience, which we will definately do again!
The entire experience from booking, to arrival (including convenient parking), most welcome reception, wonderful ambiance, gloriusly soft matress, attractively appointed room, a breakfast fit for royalty and then flawless checkout. This has been a faultless experience from beginning to end!

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
catiaviegas, General Manager at Southern Sun Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Derek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Southern Sun Montecasino,

We appreciate your wonderful review and are so pleased that we met your expectations,

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another "binge" experience,

Kind Regards
Catia Viegas

Reviewed 17 February 2020

We spent the night at Southern Sun Montecasino to watch Rocky Horror. The service rendered by the staff was absolutely world-class... From check-in, to breakfast, to check out. There was load shedding during check out and all staff were hands-on, helping guests carry their luggage down to reception. It was really refreshing to see. We will definitely be back!

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

The team was so pleased to read your review and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have some wonderful shows lined up this year with our headline show being "We Will Rock You".

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future,

Kind Regards