“A MUST in Drumheller!”

Willow Creek Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come ride with us in Drumheller!! Experience the badlands in a new way. Staff at Willow Creek Adventures is looking forward to its second year with more options for the adventure of a lifetime. Don't forget about Gift Certificates for those special occasions! We also have boarding available if you want to bring your own horse. Give us a call text or email!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a 90minute tour of the valley trail and it sure was an amazing ride! The horses were highly trained, calm and gentle. Beginner/non-experienced riders such as myself and my kids couldn’t have asked for a better riding experience! The guides Conway and Lindsey were very patient with answering our questions, describing the trails along the way and making sure we were all comfortable and enjoying the tour and best of all, he took our photos and videos too. We would do this again for sure, when we come back to drumheller! I highly recommend this for all ages!

1  Thank GL J
"exhilarating"
"safety"
"advanced"

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We did a 2hr ride, it is by far the best thing to do in the Drumheller area and was the highlight of the trip.

The guide takes pictures of you during the trail and sends them to you for free. We climbed up to the top of Drumheller, overlooking the river and rode along the grassy fields.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I booked a 1.5hr ride and Conway and Lindsay were amazing. We rode Lynx and Rogue and they were such lovely horses. We found Willow Creek Adventures after trawling through the many trail rides around Banff and Kananaskis and decided this looked by far the best - and we were right! No walking nose to tail along a busy trail, it was like it was only us and the badlands for company! Conway and Lindsay were great, they told us all about the geography of the area we were in, answered all our questions and were all round brilliant. Ben was a little nervous as he had never really ridden before but they were fab and helped his confidence grow throughout the ride that we even got to gallop for a few stretches going back! We couldn't have asked for a better experience and I can honestly say that if anyone I know is going to be in the Calgary area this is the first thing I'm going to recommend! Thank you both for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Took a 2hr long sunset ride. The views were incredible - we were able to access much more remote areas than you would ever be able to on foot or by car. The guides were amazing and I really enjoyed that Conway took pictures and shared them with us after the ride. There is something interesting whether you are a beginner rider or an advanced rider and the views are second to none. Definitely recommend this experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I spent the weekend in and around the Drumheller area with my mother-in-law seeing the sights and the history of the area. I had first reached out to Conway from Ontario, looking to schedule a trail ride with him on a Sunday morning. He was very helpful, responsive, and patient with all of my questions and concerns. Once out in the Drumheller area, we were having troubles locating the actual trail head in which to leave from. A quick text to Conway, and everything was quickly cleared up. Be sure to review their actual website, and not Facebook or Google, because the location showing there isnt correct. You will understand why once you get out to the Drumheller area, not everything has a municipal address.

I have done a few trail rides in my day, and was an avid rider. However, my mother-in-law had not been on a horse for a very long time, and expressed some concerns which were very kindly addressed and accommodated so that we could all have a great trail ride.

The route, horses, guides and the weather far exceeded expectations. I would definitely recommend Conway, his horses and the route to anyone in Alberta or planning a trip to Alberta.

Some general tips:
- go in the morning, before the heat of the day
- be sure to wear lots of sunscreen and/or a hat
- running shoes and long pants are ideal, however if you have small boots with a small heel, that helps with safety
- be sure to bring a small bottle of water and your camera! ( they have a little saddle bags that are easily accessible while the top of the horse for you to store them in)

Have fun!