All reviews room was clean indoor pool room rate microwave stopover
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The hotel is located in a great area. The rooms are outdated, the bathroom had zero outlets (great water pressure however), my friends room was missing a shower curtain. The continental breakfast consist of items you have to microwave yourself. Two days in a row we found a spider in our bed!! When we told the staff member at the front desk he did apologize. The lady behind us overheard us and said she had bugs in her room too. If your used to staying at the Hilton or Hampton hotels, you won't find this one up to your standards. We will drive to Rossland and stay in the newer hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
GMCastlegar, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Castlegar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your review t3k1971. Sorry to here that you did not like your room or our continental breakfast. We are going to be having a major renovation of the hotel in late 2018 early part of 2019 so I hope you will consider giving us another try once our renovations are competed. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here well working night shift on a temporary job, the room was very clean and quiet and the staff were helpful and friendly.
The only drawback was there is no restaurant in the hotel. Nice indoor pool and courtyard.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Thank you Oftengo for your review. Yes it is unfortunate that we do not have a restaurant here in the hotel but we do have several very good restaurant within a couple of minutes walk. I am happy to hear that everything else was to your liking. We hope to see you again when you are back in Castlegar

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay. Breakfast for $8.99. Indoor pool . . Whirlpool Tub.. very clean rooms. Microwave. Fridge.coffee and utensils. Friendly staff and free parking. Free wifi as well and very near to restaurants and groceries.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you fayblife for your review. Very happy to here that you had an amazing stay it is always good to hear from our guests. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Checking into the hotel at 10pm after a 700km roadtrip on snow covered roads, I enter my very dates room. I immediately start to sweat. It was at least 25C in the room. The bed wasnt half bad, however once falling asleep, the machine noise in the hallway kept twitching me out of my sleep.

Fast forward to around 530am where their snow removal contractor started running their Bobcat back and forth past all the rooms, scraping the bucket on the pavement and the backup beeper going off every other second.

Yes, snow removal is important but not at the expense of your guests' comfort and sleep. I won't be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
GMCastlegar, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Castlegar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you TS for your review. I apologize for the snow removal crew they do not usually start that early in the morning I have contacted them to ensure snow removal does not start before 6:30am or after 9pm. Winter can be a bit of a challenge to ensure the safety of our guest on the parking lot and the comfort of them in the rooms. I appreciate your comments and hope you will decide to give us another try in the future

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed in this hotel on Sunday, September 24th, for one night on our business trip to the town. We have booked this hotel because its room rate was the most expensive in Castlegar; if you don't know the area, you have to avoid inexpensive hotels! When we were checking in and checking out, the front desk clerks were very friendly and efficient, the room was clean and the hotel is also very conveniently located. (They also have the most strong water pressure ever! The rain shower head was devine!)

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, ask for the room on the ground. We were assigned on the 3rd floor and found it quite inconvenient.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
GMCastlegar, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Castlegar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you very much StephieNam for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, also glad to hear that our staff we helpful and the room was to your liking. We look forward to you staying again with us in the future.