“Yum”
Review of Ichiban Sushi

Ichiban Sushi
Ranked #54 of 158 Restaurants in Courtenay
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Finally got to experience Ichiban and really enjoyed the experience. Very gracious and welcoming staff and delicious food. Will look forward to going again. Very busy on Wednesday noon. VERY busy!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went there with some business associates. Was a good lunch served hot and it was huge. I had some sort of platter. Very tasty and nice service. I don’t eat sushi but they had many things on their menu.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We always go to Ichiban for our sushi. It has the best service and food in the valley. The restaurant is always welcoming and friendly and the food is delicious!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Since we had a big group of 10, we got to sit in a private room. The table is traditional and we all had to take off our shoes and sit on the bamboo mats on the floor. This was a very cute experience for the kids.

Staff was friendly. They were able to reassure me that we could have a nut-free meal since my son is allergic. We were dining with people who needed gluten-free food so they were able to accommodate that as well with a small $1 or $2 fee per dish, depending on the order. They even had a separate gluten-free soy sauce for them.

The food was excellent. We enjoyed the tempura, maki rolls, pretty much everything.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I booked reservations for this evening and we were on time. On entering we were told that we could find our own seats which we did. Five to ten minutes later we were given our menus. No drink orders were taken. Another ten minutes and I had to flag down the wait staff who kept walking past us to attend to the 6-top that had just came in. Finally our order was taken. The drinks arrived, the soup along with the appies came to the table and, in a timely manner, the main course.

At no time were any used plates cleared. Not until the end of the meal were the soup bowls, the empty bottles and the appy plates cleared. We had even stacked them and placed it within easy reach for the wait staff at the end of the table.

At the end of the meal we were not asked of we wanted dessert or additional drinks or coffee. We sat amid our empty plates and waited for the bill. And waited
And waited. Finally, I again flagged down a staff member and asked for our bill. I was not shocked at the price because the food is fairly good and despite the rather poor service I still left a respectable tip. I should have left a cash tip for the chef as only he deserved it.