“pure stodge”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 November 2018

The cafe is small and cramped, very noisy. Good coffee. Good service.
The egg Benny special was very stodgy, sausage was limp and mealy, the ham tasted a bit off and the plain hollandaise exactly that, plain and very heavy, the hash brown were tasty but not hash browns. Very over priced for a mundane breakfast.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

This place has great breakfast! It is small and its always busy when I go there, but the wait is never very long and they come around with little french toast bites while you wait. I love the 3 kinds of hollandaise sauce and all the fruit that comes with the meal. Def one of the best breakfasts in Courtenay.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing, the restaurant was super busy today but the waitresses managed wonderfully and very friendly.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Cashier was very nice n took my order immediately. French toast was hard enough I needed a steak knife to cut it. Eggs were perfect! Good coffee. Waitress was very slow and had to always be asked for refills, cutlery, etc. I watched everyone ask for refills. Shouldnt have to ask, especially every table! Waitress was pleasant but barely smiled. Not a great persin to have waiting on tables if she wants a tip. I wont go back. Very disappointed..

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We went on a Sunday, and it was busy... But we only waited about 15 minutes for a table, then received our food fairly quickly. I had the maple bacon eggs benedict - so tasty! My husband had pancakes, which were also delicious, but not as interesting. Very friendly service too!