All reviews games room new wing liquor store best westerns family restaurant the river central location older part courtenay bc front desk staff great place to stay main building nice room we've stayed beds were comfortable pool and hot tub continental breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We went up to Courtenay for an overnight getaway to do some shopping and relax and to spend time away. We have stayed at this hotel many times before. We were unable to get a room with a king size bed. So we were offered a room with two queen size beds in it. Service at the front desk was average. Parking at this hotel isn’t the greatest. Our room was neat and tidy. You could see that the bathroom had been upgraded. The beds were horrible. They should have been replaced. There were hollows in the soft sagged out mattresses. Pillows were small and too soft. When we checked out the next day we advised the desk clerk regarding the mattresses. She did not say much. We were given vouchers for free breakfast to compensate for the complaint. I feel they could have done more due to the fact we did not have a good nights sleep.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Managing O, Managing O at Best Western The Westerly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear JaniceK
Thank you for staying with us! We also appreciate your compliments on the neat and tidy room and the upgraded bathrooms. We are glad you enjoyed those aspects.
We are however sorry you did not like the pillows or the bed. Pillows are such a hard item to please everyone as each person's preference is different. We try our best to go with the pillow that is most appealing to the majority of the patrons.
Sorry that our gesture for free breakfast was not enough to make up for it!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Rooms are clean and the stay was good however would definitely prefer to have the hot breakfast offered as most Best Western hotels do include a very good breakfast. The breakfast we had to pay for had terrible service.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeydopro2
Managing O, Managing O at Best Western The Westerly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear honeydopro2
Thank you for staying with us. BW Plus hotels include a buffet breakfast. We are not a "Plus" however and do not include breakfast. However to make up for that we award a $7 voucher per person to put towards breakfast or any other meal or beverage of your choice to help compensate. You must book directly through BW and not through a third party such as Expedia ect.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Staying at The Westerly for 2 weeks for business and wanted to bring my Mountain bike so I could ride after work. Best western called 1 week before to verify my accommodation. I asked about a secure place for my bike and they replied "Oh, you can bring it in your room or leave it in behind the office here at reception in a secure room" Well, I was sold right there. After seeing my room which was very well appointed including the regular fridge, coffee maker and microwave, well, I was duly impressed that they not only use real glass unlike another chain down the road but they also have wine glasses! The best part is that they have balconies so you can relax outside in the sun after your day. The rooms are very clean and the pool is wonderful and warm. I really enjoyed my stay and am looking forward to my home away from home when I come back. I travel a lot and these guys do service very well IMHO..:)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing though I'm sure the others are fine...the new wing is very updated but in a separate building.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Tracybiker69
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the business trip as well as the added biking. The biking in Courtenay is fantastic and being a biker myself I know what you mean about secure storage.
On top of that we appreciate all your lovely compliments and comments about the hotel and rooms.
We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

safe..this review takes too long already covered everything
what more do you want?? Comox is a very pretty area and the drive up from Victoria is also lovely. The weather can be chancy on that part of the Island and we were attending an out of doors wedding but luckily it was warm and sunny.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Managing O, Managing O at Best Western The Westerly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear ballyarden1
Thank you for your review and elaborating on the drive and the area.
We hope you come again!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Friendly staff and a well appointed room. Breakfast was not included but we each received a seven dollar coupon to use at the restaurant. The West Coast Eggs Benedict were great! Express check-out worked well.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear bissill
We are so glad to hear your stay was satisfying from the room to the breakfast to your final check out.
Thank you for deciding to stay with us and write up about us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate that.