“Wonderful experiences ”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Argyle
Transit: Bus stops at entrance
Description: Ocean7 Restaurant and AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar located at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa is newly renovated and re-opens in early March 2017. The new AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar features creative casual shared plates paired with fine wines and signature cocktails, while Ocean 7 Restaurant will focus on West Coast seafood, grain fed meats and fresh organic produce from local sustainable growers and suppliers. The culinary experience will be unparalleled with unique creations from our Executive Chef Nyle Petherbridge, an accomplished Red Seal chef who created menus for some of most successful well known establishments in British Columbia. Your senses will be awakened enjoying tantalizing food for the palate while gazing out to the vast ocean views which was the main focus in the design process. Spectacular panoramic waterscape views welcome you as you enter the main entrance for the two restaurants. Design elements make use of French provincial flair and modern West Coast accents featuring beautiful wine displays, soft woods, stone and antique tile finishes. Centralized in the AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar is an inviting New York style bar with rich marble countertops sourced from Vancouver Island’s top quarries. On beautiful sunny days, two large garage doors will open up to the patio enticing you to sit outside and bask in the warm sun with breathtaking views of the ocean and the beloved lush Kingfisher gardens. The new oversized outdoor fire pit will be a romantic spot to cozy up to watch the spectacular wildlife and sunsets. The adjoining space, Ocean 7 Restaurant, maintains a fine dining atmosphere with view tables and cozy booths, stair stepped to allow amazing vistas for all. The Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, not only a destination Spa Resort, but a destination for a top culinary tasting experience!
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We recently took advantage of a mid-week offer for accommodation, spa treatments and dining at the Kingfisher resort. On one day we had coffee/lunch in the bistro. On our last evening we had dinner in the Ocean7 restaurant. The bistro is impressive. My wife had fish tacos. I had martini mussels. Both were extraordinarily good! It’s casualness, yet sophisticated ambience makes for an excellent experience.
The Ocean7 restaurant has a diverse menu and wine list. We both opted for the crab parfait as a starter; superb! For our main course, my wife chose the halibut. I chose the seafood pasta. Both were cooked to perfection and presented beautifully. We chose a bottle of Pinot Noir (from BC), which was an outstanding accompaniment to our meal and quite affordable (less than $50). Our server was excellent. She listened carefully to our questions, provided good information and engaged with us to an appropriate degree. The Ocean7 restaurant is not cheap, yet we most certainly felt we had had very good value for money.

Date of visit: October 2018
kingfishersparesort, General Manager at Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear pdunk5,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent visit to our new Ocean7 Restaurant | AQUA Bistro and Wine Bar! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing view and beautiful restaurant but very slow service. We have been here twice so far and both times the service was very slow. It took a really long time since we sat down before a server came and took our order and after she did it took about 15 minutes before receiving our drinks. I noticed another table waited quite some time waiting to pay their bill and another table waited about 10 or more minutes to get their hot chocolates. We also ordered calamari which was very tasty but not cooked enough so we sent it back, they remade it and the second time it came it was cold. Thankfully the girl was nice enough to take it off the bill.
It's a shame that such a lovely place is lacking in service. We will not be going back.

Kingfisher_Resort, Executive Chef at Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Hello and good afternoon,

Please let me introduce myself, my name is Richard Benson and I am the
Executive Chef here at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. I would like
to thank you for your feedback on your experience today while dining with
us. With guest feedback this is how we are able fine tune our operation and
able to raise the bar in guest satisfaction. I am so very sorry that we did
not exceed your expectations and would like to apologize on behalf of the
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. This is not our normal performance and I
will be taking this up with the rest of our Culinary team and also our
service team to insure this does not happen again. We pride ourselves
serving the best products possible and to exceed every guest's expectations.
If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may
get a few more details about your dining experience to ensure
this does not happen again it would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Richard Benson
Executive Chef
Email: chef@kingfisherspa.com
Direct: 250-338.1323 ext.389

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here with some friends. For the price I have to say the meal was poor. I had the halibut which was over cooked and rather bland. The risotto was alright but not of the creamy Parmesan type. The steak was not bad. The ambiance was ok so long as you can enjoy the view. For a lot less you can find a much better meal in Courtney.

Date of visit: October 2018
Kingfisher_Resort, Head Chef at Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hello and good afternoon,

Please let me introduce myself, my name is Richard Benson and I am the Executive Chef here at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. I would like to thank you for your feedback on your experiencewhile diningwith us. With guest feedback this is how we are able fine tune our operation and able to raise the bar in guest satisfaction. I am so very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and would like to apologize on behalf of the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. This is not our normal performance and I will be taking this up with the rest of our Culinary team to ensure this does not happen again. We pride ourselves serving the best products possible and to exceed every guest’s expectations. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may get a few more details about your dining experience so that I can ensure this does not happen again,

Warmest regards,

Richard Benson
Executive Chef
chef@kingfisherspa.com

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We chose this as our final reservation dinner during our visit with family on the island. Our server was pleasant, prompt and knowledgeable. We shared both types of mussels and enjoyed them a lot. Our meals were excellent, and the halibut I ordered was perfectly cooked. We highly recommend the foraged wild mushrooms too. A very nice ending to our visit - thanks! This place is on our list for our next visit to the area.

Date of visit: October 2018
Kingfisher_Resort, General Manager at Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Joolz42,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent family dinner at Ocean7 Restaurant | AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

The food was ok, nothing special and the portion was reasonable. However, everything is way over priced and the service was terrible. Our waitress forgot to bring the starter bread to our table until right before our main course, our drinks were empty for lengthy periods of time, and when we requested a desert menu the waitress forgot to bring it. Wouldn't recommend it... there are better places in the area to eat.

Dear Callista B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations this time. Please know this is not the level of service the Kingfisher Resort is known for. If you’d like to further discuss your experience please contact our Food & Beverage Manager, Tara Thom at tara@kingfisherspa.com. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.