“Make Reservations”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Allegra Restaurant specializes in Mediterranean fine dining with a seasonal changing menu. The open kitchen atmosphere allows patrons to watch the chef prepare meals. An extensive wine, beer and martini list completes a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I just "dropped" in and had to sit at the bar. Not the most romantic but not Allegra's fault. Glad we stayed everything from the service to the food was superb. Could not have asked for a better experience. Next time we reserve.....

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Wonderful evening with my husband. Fantastic food, awesome service from Celeiste and Sidney, hope I spelled your names right. Great little break from it all.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I am one of a 20 member golf group who all descended on the Allegra a few weeks ago. We are a mix of professional and business types, reasonably experienced/sophisticated diners.

This restaurant is located in a nondescript shopping mall on one of the main roads in Cranbrook, and certainly the outside appearance would not grab you. But it had been recommended to us by our group organizer and in we went. It turned out to be the dining highlight of our week.

We ordered (and were billed) individually, off the menu, a wide variety of dishes, with or without starters/salads/deserts, a wide variety of beverage choices, etc. etc. The service was timely, cheerful/jovial and efficient. How they kept it all straight I don't know.

The menu was imaginative and varied, fine dining that frankly I was surprised to find in a relatively small Inland city if you will forgive my "big city" arrogance. My meal was superb (the best pork tenderloin I can remember having eaten). From the comments of my friends, everyone else's meal was also superb.

This restaurant would hold it's own anywhere.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were looking forward to eat at Allegra again hoping that we get into morels’ season just as we did during our last visit 3 years ago. Lucky us – they did have special menu with every dish using morel mushrooms! We ordered two morel soups and morels, baby greens and pulled duck salad to share. For the main entrée I ordered pork tenderloin with morels and my husband ordered lamb. We swapped our dishes half way through. Lamb came with Moroccan style spices that my husband was not a huge fan of. However, I liked it a lot – lamb was very tender and flavorful. We loved all of the dishes and even ordered a dessert – meringue with ice cream and hot berry sauce (heavenly!). I was shocked to see some negative reviews for this restaurant. For a reasonable price it offers fine dining good enough for San Francisco or Vancouver in a place like Cranbrook!!! What is there to complain?!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Scott yuil complained about the bread. Ours was fresh. Portions are smaller but what you would expect with a fine dining establishment. The flavours we're delicious. Service dropped off a bit as more patrons arrived otherwise our evening out was terrific.