“Drinks food and board game”

Torchlight Brewing Co.
Ranked #72 of 108 Restaurants in Nelson
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Arrived around 4:30 very few customers. Ordered our drinks and settled on the patio. Beers were ok drinks not great! We ordered the smoky hot dog nothing to write home about, we also ordered the meat and cheese tray BAD. (Don’t even bother) . Service was sad very few customers and no staff. Felt sorry for the staff person. I’ll be surprised if this business survives ,it’s in an out of the way location AND there are so many great business to choose from...

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My colleagues and I visited three different drinking establishments in Nelson and this one was our favourite. There were over twenty different beers on tap, all made in house. My favourites had to be the Irish Red Ale (regular, not nitro) and the Porter.
The food was pub fare, with chili bowls, nachos, curry bowls, all available. I only tried the chili bowl and it was fairly good, more of an appetizer size.

The ambiance is a typical micro brew pub... looks a bit like a very cleaned up warehouse area with windows into the back where you can see the huge vats where the beer is made. You go up to the bar to order your drink but they will deliver your food.

We returned to this place almost every night of our stay. I believe families are allowed to visit before 8 pm.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

An industrial unit magically transformed into a brewery and bar!
The bar divides the drinking and eating space with a window looking into the working brewery. Lots of beers to try and other options if that’s not your thing.
The menu is simple, but I struggled to choose what to have because it all looks so delicious.
Opted for a Stout pie and the cheese/charcuterie plate between two. When it arrived I didn’t think this was enough, but some how we’re happily full! The hot dogs which seemed popular looked fantastic!
It’s a must if visiting Nelson!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Great place... great staff who are great hosts. Very clean place to go and have a brew. Did not have food, but it looked very good

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Came here with a group excited to try out the place. There is definitely some good food to be had here but wasn't ordering what they could deliver on i guess. Also had a flight of beer, there were many many available. My best brew here wasn't better than my least favourite at NBC.
I would advise to visit here not after dinner as many items can run out.