“Authentic BC Fishing Trip!”

Active Angler Fishing Charters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow! What a great morning spent with Bill on board his new larger boat. From the time we met Bill he was informative, fun and knowledgeable and had no problem sharing fishing stories with us throughout the trip (the kids loved heading about past encounters with humpback wales, dolphins, orca, big salmon etc). Despite being out of season we caught a beautiful 10lb Chinook Salmon plus a couple of dozen BC Spot Prawns courtesy of the traps Bill has "soaked" for us the day before. Needless to say we enjoyed a great seafood supper later that evening. All in all we had a great time with Bill and would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for an authentic BC fishing experience! See you next time Bill!

All reviews
"fishers"
"boat"
"information"

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I traveled from California to British Columbia and Vancouver Island fishing our way though some of the best fisheries in the world when we came upon Bill and Active Angler Fishing Charters. Bill is as experienced a guide as anyone you will meet in the area. He is thoughtful of your needs and is prepared to help you have a wonderful experience. If you are in the area I highly recommend Active Angler Fishing Charters!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Bill is a Beaut! All around good guy. Going above and beyond, we where releasing loads of Wild Coho (Which you can't keep at the moment). Bill was determined and stayed out longer to ensure we got a Coho from the fisheries.

Many of the other boats didn't seem to be catching as much as us, and by the end of the charter the other boats seemed to be all around us.

This is my first ever review on trip advisor, just really enjoyed this experience!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We had an excellent experience with Bill Swanson and Active Angler Fishing Charters! I and an Australian friend went out for four hours in the afternoon on a July day and caught 7 Coho salmon--2 of which were hatchery fish we were able to keep. We had hoped to go out early in the morning, but there were strong winds and our departure was delayed--as it should have been. But Bill communicated with us numerous times throughout the day and when the wind died down in the afternoon, we were able to get out. Bill is extremely knowledgeable and personable--this is not just a job for him, he wants to catch fish! I have my own boat which I have taken out and caught salmon, and I have been on other charters and caught salmon. But what made this trip special was that I felt that I, my friend, and Bill Campbell were a team working together. My friend and I weren't just clients who reeled in fish when one got on the line--we had input in the decision making and the activities on the boat. And as a bonus, we pulled up and checked Bill's crab pots at the end of the trip. Bill Swanson is the fisherman you always wanted to go fishing with!