“I wish THIS was home!”

Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kalvas is a classy, upscale log cabin with dark wood tables and a warm atmosphere. The semi-circular building offers almost every table a view from large windows. The focus of Kalvas is on the dining experience and the quality of the selections on the menu. Specializing in seafood and premium meats such as AAA Alberta Beef and Island Springs Lamb, Kalvas offers high-quality meals at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The prices of any dining establishment reflect quality of food, atmosphere and service. Kalvas Restaurant is worth every penny.

Holly is an exceptional server. Insist on sitting in her section if possible.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

It was my husband's and my 42nd anniversary and we usually travel to Parksville from the mainland and stay a few days at Tigh Na Mara. We have usually had our special dinner at the resort but decided this time to try out Kalvas as the recent reviews sounded good. The meal not only was very expensive but not very good. My husband tried to Filet Mignon (tasted strange) and I had the special prime rib meal. The prime rib was placed overtop (no potatoes showing)of the potatoes and the plate was literally floating in au jus. I would think usually the au jus would be in a separate container but maybe not here. May try again as maybe they were having a bad day.

1  Thank 1954LIZ003
Reviewed 16 June 2018

This was the first time we had eaten here and it won't be the last time. The atmosphere and surroundings are very nice. I started with the Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup which was delicious and then we both had the 8oz Prime Rib Friday Night Special. While there is an option for a 10oz meal the 8oz was more than sufficient. The meat was cooked to perfection and did not have a lot of fat as is found in some restaurants.We were served by Tim and he was attentive and personable but not "in your face". The Jackson Triggs Cab Merlot was also very good. We both enjoyed our evening very much and will return. Make reservations early to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Wow very impressed with this restaurant. Went here with my wife and my Mom for our last night here in Parksville. It was amazing from the minute we walked in. The hostess was very welcoming the atmosphere was amazing. We met our waitress she was very professional and friendly. The food was fantastic( a little pricey) being our last night I’m sure glad we came here it made our trip perfect. Thank You to our servers for making this a great memory.

The napkin folders table

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went here for date night and if was incredible!!! I had steak and prawns and she had veal cutlets. Both our meals were some of the best meals we’ve had!! We’re not newbies when it comes to dining out and usually it’s a pleasant experience summed up as having an enjoyable time with decent food we didn’t have to cook. Kalvas was exceptional though!! So many amazing flavours complimenting each other perfectly. Most of the vegetables were ones I wouldn’t normally eat but I not only ate everything on my plate, I really enjoyed every bite. I’m a huge steak fan who orders steak on average about once every 10 times we eat out. Never have experienced a steak cooked so perfect with such incredible flavour!!I We will DEFINITELY be going back many times in the future. I highly recommend Kalvas especially if steak or seafood are your thing!!