Ocean Sands Resort(Parksville)(Great Value!)
US$316
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort(Parksville)
US$287
US$277
US$170
US$134
US$271
The Beach Club
Arbutus Grove Motel(Parksville)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$125
Priceline
Beach Acres Resort(Parksville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree roundfree mini golfmini golf next doorbumper boatsparadise fun parksleeper roomlate arrivalpicnic tablesbbq areanice clean roomsgrassy areawould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfasttwo storymini fridgeisland highwaybed was comfortable
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This hotel name is a joke as there is nothing “paradise like there”. I gave it one star because I could not give “0”. It’s a real fire hazard with several plugs into each other (see pictures). Each room communicates with another one and the door in between them is really thin. This means that you literally share everything with your neighbour: shower, TV, conversation… Half the rooms are on the ground floor and you can hear people walk above your head as well.

If you think you can sleep, think again.
Don’t get fooled by the pictures with pools etc.. as they are from the mini golf next door and not the hotel.

The breakfast is appalling and the tables are dirty (the room itself was not the cleanest). To makes things even worse, Tania, the manager is absolutely horrible (not to use the “b” word). I started my world tour 9 months ago and she is the least customer focused person I have met so far. She even lied about the fact that she was the manager. There are many other hotels near by like Quality inn which are much nicer so don’t stay in this one.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Delphine J
1926459, Manager at Paradise Seashell Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

I would like to request that you be honest about the dates you spent at our Motel. The pictures you posted of the bathroom were from at least 4 years ago before we started here, I can tell by the soaps that I replace the first year I was here. The photo of the room is also not up to date since I also replaced those terrible curtains about 3 years ago. As for that dreadful stir stick and coffee ring on your table, I am sure if you asked one of our staff to wipe your table during breakfast we would have.
As for the fire hazard, the power bars are meant to have more than one thing plugged into them, it is why they have multiple plug ins. If you google “safe use of a power bar” you will find we used it correctly.
Thanks for sharing your concerns
(Tanya - The Manager-Not the Owner)

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We decided to just look and see what we could find for the night and this motel looked promising. It was great choice, the rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable and there was breakfast included. They include a voucher for a free round of minigolf on a course right across the street. The motel is right along a busy street but we never noticed the street noise at all.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The room itself was adequate and the beds were fine. However the appearance of two silverfish in the room did not inspire confidence in the cleanliness. The breakfast room itself was barely kept clean, the breakfast items were replaced frequently but the tables were never wiped and were dirty the entire time we were there. The continental breakfast items were lacking in choice. The chairs in the breakfast room were dated and not clean and don’t look like they had been since the 80s. When we asked if we were able to leave our bags so we could enjoy our last two hours in town after checking out we were told that was against their policy. I’ve never stayed at a hotel where they were willing to watch my bags so I didn’t have to drag them around town for two hours. This was not our first but will definitely be our last stay here, the free mini golf isn’t worth it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Had to spend the night unexpectedly in Parksville, and found this quiet and economical motel. Everything was fine: downtown location, confortable bed, very affordable rates, and quick walk to the beautiful beach. But to make a long story short, I really want to mention the service provided by Jessica at the front desk when we arrived. My girlfriend was just out of dental surgery and Jessica happily provided us with several items urgently required by the doctor. Ice and salt usually aren't a big deal, but at that moment, it meant a lot. Thanks so much for being so helpful!
-From fellow hoteliers.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SylfromCanada
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I really like this little place but they have some privacy issues. The front desk girl asked why we were getting a room when we had a address in town. I understand they have problems with people renting the rooms for a couple of hours but if you're renting a room it should be private for what your reasons are. It could be your doing renovations could be your having rodent problems at your house really is none of their business as long as they're getting their money for you renting the room. Our reason is because we were moving so we had nothing left at our house and had to go back the next day to finish cleaning before moving down island. But I really like the hotel is very quaint and quiet and reasonably priced besides the fact the front desk person needed to know my business I enjoyed my stay there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business