All reviews sidney pier underground parking coffee shop beautiful hotel bedroom suite ocean view hotel staff local shops dining table spectacular views across the street full kitchen sized bed same building overlooking the water butchart gardens san juan islands
Reviewed 24 February 2018

You can stay HERE and be right on the WATER near all the BEST restaurants, pubs, businesses, and activities...or you can stay at the other end of Sidney near the Highway and fast food outlets.

There is NO comparison, and I've stayed BOTH places (check out my review for Best Western, Sidney, BC).

The Sidney Pier Hotel has many features of a RESORT with multiple excellent restaurants, a spa, and other businesses built right into the building.

The hotel itself is quietly elegant and is so neat and CLEAN, it looks like it opened yesterday (no wear on carpets, wallpaper, etc.).

This property attracts a very nice clientele (NO loud partiers, etc.), and the staff is genuinely helpful and eager to please.

My corporate rate was C$149, which I felt was very good for such a wonderful property and environment.

Unless you are on a tight budget, this is the DEFINITELY, by FAR, the best choice for your stay in delightful Sidney, BC.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
NatalieK607, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you very much for your review - I am so happy you enjoyed your stay!
We have an amazing team, including an incredible Housekeeping and Maintenance crew that keep the hotel looking spotless and fresh. We are currently upgrading our guest rooms with new televisions (to 50" smart tv's) too!

I hope we can welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 23 February 2018

My husband had to take a very early flight to Toronto on February 15, so we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day with dinner and an overnight at the Sidney Pier Hotel. As we live on nearby Salt Spring Island, we had eaten in the restaurant--and enjoyed it--a number of times. But we had never stayed at the hotel, usually favouring something less expensive. We stayed in a water-view room on the 4th floor, which was perfectly comfortable, had all the basic amenities, and was specially spacious. The decor was fine though not memorable. Our only disappointment was that the public areas of the hotel are no longer as chic as they once were. There is a hodge-podge of furnishings in the lobby. When we were there, there was a tour group there, most of whom seem to be in the lobby and adjoining cafe. My guess is that the hotel has chosen for financial reasons to cater to this group with no-longer "cool" but comfortable furnishings. Probably a pragmatic decision. Both the restaurant and the cafe are good and the staff very pleasant and efficient. Note that the hotel does not have a free shuttle to the airport, though a cab can be arranged for only $15 or so. FYI there is underground parking at a reasonable extra cost; the restaurant is not open for breakfast. Take advantage of the discount for BCAA members, if you have a membership.

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view room on the 4th floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy N

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for choosing the Pier.
I am happy to read enjoyed your stay and our team provided great service. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

A good, modern hotel by the waters edge in Sidney. Large rooms with comfortable areas for relaxing. Good dinner service. A modern bar with live music and a good, although short, selection of wines at reasonable prices.

Date of stay: February 2018
NatalieK607, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for choosing the Pier while in Sidney!
I hope we can welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 20 January 2018

What a wonderful surprise this hotel was. The room was so much more than expected. It was super clean, spacious, had a great sitting area, and a wonderful view of the water. I loved all the extras, from the high quality soap and shampoo in large bottles to the bathrobes. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SimbaK
NatalieK607, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We love getting feedback, and it is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed your stay!
We'll look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Family of 6 travelled to Vancouver Island to visit friends and family for one night.
Chose 2 rooms at the Sidney Pier Hotel due to its proximity to the ferry terminal.
Gorgeous spot, clean comfortable hotel rooms.
Had everything we needed and more. Cafe. Restaurant on sight with shops close by.
Loved it.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing the Pier. I apologize for the delayed reply - I somehow missed this review!
I am so pleased to read your enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can welcome you back soon!