“Lovely surprise, more than expected”
other travellers have booked this property
Salish Sea Beach House B & B Living Room
Salish Sea Beach House B & B
Living Room
Kitchen/Dining Room
Bedroom Queen size Bamboo mattress custom Mahogany Headboard and float tables
Mount Baker This is one of your views!
Bill our resident Great Blue Heron
Sunrise right out your window!
Lotus doors welcome you ....
Salish Sunrise
Ivy pillars in the back yard
Mahogany custom kitchen
Solaris Suite entrance
Mount Baker pre dawn ....
Double rainbows right from our property!
Bazan Bay ... this is how our day starts!
Sidney Pier
Male Anna's Hummingbird ... one of our yearly residents.
Man by the Sea ...
Salish Sea pre dawn
They otter know it's a great place to stay!
Dining room and lotus front door
Yes this is your view!
A blazing sunrise!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely surprise, more than expected”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I just spent three days at this special place with my two sisters. It was a very comfortable suite stocked with almost everything one might need. The view was beautiful with beach access as an added attraction. Our hostess Shelley was very hospitable. The beach house is located just about a mile from downtown Sydney which I feel is a plus as it is quiet and has easy access to a lovely walking path along the waterfront which we enjoyed daily. I would definitely book again and would recommend it to my friends.

1 Mar 2017
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I love to share this secret paradise with my guests ... it truly is special and I hope you all return someday! Thank you for leaving the suite so tidy it is very much appreciated! I look forward to your return someday!
Brent-T.O...
Toronto
“Creme De La Creme- Look no further for the best accommodations near Victoria”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This hidden gem is what you've been looking for. My partner and I had an AMAZING stay at Shelley's beach house. The suite is better than described- but the property itself is even better. Beach front, a giant garden oasis out back- pure relaxation. This is a place that you'll never want to leave.

LGBTQ friendly. We'll definitely be back.

Liked best: Host and property
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
9 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for this spectacular review!!!! I can not wait until you guys return and I must tell you it was totally my pleasure to have you as guests! (and wonderful and considerate guests you were) You are both welcome here at the Salish Sea Beach House ANYTIME!!!
Constanti...
“Charming place in a great location”
Reviewed 7 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I want to emphasize the most important amenities of this place and why I rated it as 5.
1. Location -- close to the Anacortes ferry to come and go back to the US, next to downtown Sidney, with the sea wall, restaurants, other things. 4 miles from Schwartz Bay terminal to visit Gulf Islands, or 15 miles to drive to Victoria.
2. The place itself is very charming and has a beach access on the other side of the road. In addition, the place had everything you need: full kitchen, coffeemaker, fridge, a computer, TV with cable and Netflix, other things.
3. The owner was always available to answer questions, give advice, and address any of your needs. She picks up the phone whenever you call. She was very nice and very helpful. She actually had food for us in the kitchen when we arrived, having kids in mind, She also provided coffee, tea and other things there for guests.
It was a nice vacation, good memories – we haven’t had one like that for a long period of time. We got there for Canadian Independence Day and saw a big crowd in the downtown. It was very lively time with street market, music, fireworks.

Travelling group: Young Children
8 Jul 2016
Thank you for the wonderful review!!!! I enjoyed having your family here very much. You were all very respectful of my home and besides you really liked my dog! ( What is better than that! ) I'm glad so much was going on with Canada Day it's nice that we can see the fireworks from here!
I am really looking forward to your return!
Sisters32...
Sunburst, Montana
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in September 2015

We would return in a heartbeat! My 2 sisters & I were looking for a place to spend our 1st sister getaway. Decided on a Victoria area trip, as we wanted to tour the Butchart gardens. Did not want to do the hotel scene, so did lots of searching for the perfect place to stay, & after much searching decided that Salish Sea Beach House was what we were looking for, & it surely turned out to be more than perfect! Shelly was more than amazing! Picked us up at the airport, helped with getting us a rental call with ph calls, & transporting us to pick it up, & take it back. Provided us with wonderful breakfast foods, & more! WiFi, movies, games, even umbrellas which we thankfully did not need to use! Wonderful view, & short distance to beach. We actually walked along beach walkway to Into Sidney, which had wonderful eating & shopping! Thanks to a tip from Shelly, we even found a treasure of sea on the beach shore. We are so ready to plan a other trip, & if you will have us Shelly, we will be back!!!! Thank You! Nancy, Glenda, & Melva

Liked best: Quietness!
Liked least: Could not enjoy beautiful backyard, as too cool.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
31 Mar 2016
What a wonderful review! Thank you so much Nancy! I would WELCOME you all back with open arms and I look forward to that day, I do hope it is sooner than later and I'll see you on the Salish Sea! Shelley
Scott L
Courtenay, Canada
“A sweet sanctuary form every day worries”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

This place is about as welcoming as it gets. The suite is beautifully decorated, comfy, warm and fully set up with a kitchen, wi-fi and T.V. You look out onto the Salish Sea and the beachfront is beautiful. We were there in early October, the weather was lovely but cool. No weather for swimming but the beachfront walk into Sidney was a treat. Sidney is a wonderful little place on the water, shops galore, restaurants and very friendly folks. About a 20 minute stroll to downtown.
Our host Shelley is as friendly, helpful and accommodating as one could wish for. Always ready with helpful advise, a ride somewhere or just a chat she really made us feel welcome.
The garden out back is amazing, a real paradise artfully decorated and mysterious. A perfect place to forget the world outside.
This place is first class and will visit again in the near future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All of it, but especially the location and the hostess.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
18 Oct 2015
As guests it just doesn't get any better than "The Lyle's" Thank you so much for the wonderful review and Selina (the poodle) and I look forward to your return and we both hope that it is sooner than later!
Caio for now! Shelley
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$146
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing