Porteau Cove Provincial Park
Review Highlights
Travelling the Sky Highway ... Just stop, worth it..... 15 minute break

If you're traveling the Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler or vice versa, then you should... read more

Reviewed 3 November 2018
undertaker01
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Quick stop.

We had a brief stop here to take in the view and explore the beach. Nice break as you are traveling... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2018
S A
Pittsfield, Massachusetts

Recommended experiences in and around Squamish
from US$30,53
from US$95,50
from US$129,90
More Info
All reviews sea to sky highway picnic tables great camping ocean front pebble beach camping area provincial park tent sites sea birds northern lights howe sound stretch your legs boat launch photo shoot nice boardwalk overnight camping we enjoyed walking
Reviewed 3 October 2018

A nice little stop off on our way to Squamish. It was cloudy that day unfortunately but still nice to be next to the water

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a great spot to pull over and take in the scenery whether you're wanting to stretch your legs or spend some time exploring the beachfront. There is plenty of free parking and picnic areas. Looks like a great spot to camp as well and there are nearly 40 campsites right on or near the waterfront. Train tracks and highway are also right there too though so I'd imagine it can be noisy.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

If you are looking for a great side trip from exploring Whistler, to take a break or just hang out, get out of your car and stretch your legs and relax, or you want to grab a bite from a delicious picnic meal you bought from the village, this is the perfect place. The park has ample free parking and picnic areas. Great views, too.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We went for 2 nights mid-week the last week of August and it was awesome! I checked the site daily hoping for a cancellation and when a walk-in site came up I jumped on it and repacked our camping supplies to make it easier! My husband's holidays had been cancelled by his work and this was my first time taking our 2 kids (5 and 8) camping by myself.
They were super helpers with the wheelbarrows and wagon, the staff were very friendly and informative and everyone stopped to pet/greet our dog lol.
Beach front camping was amazing and when I asked my son if it was worth all the work he just shrugged and said "it wasn't that hard!"
When the tide goes out the lagoon empties and is great for exploring.
The first night we had to make a pitstop at the outhouse for my daughter on our way to get a wheelbarrow and when we got back there was a raccoon that had knocked over our food bin I chased him away and we hurried our food and cooler to the truck!
There is a covered area with communal picnic tables with 2 big sinks and 2 electrical outlets with a big counter. Perfect for inflating air mattresses or charging phones while you wash your dishes! Walk-in sites only have a wooden bench.
Awesome view, sites are very close together with little privacy but I saw some creatively hung tarps to help with that and honestly, the view/being ocean front made up for that.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Stop take some pictures of the mountains by the water, After driving through Vancouver great 1st stopping point on the way to Whistler

Date of experience: August 2018