“Bufffets every evening”

Add it.
Country View Golf Course
Ranked #104 of 144 Restaurants in Chatham
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We often go to Countryview for seniors night on Tuesday. Yesterday we went for their Easter buffet. If was very busy with family groups.. They haves large salad bar. The hot foods included mashed potatoes, carrots, Brussel sprouts, meat balls, chicken, ham and roast beef. All was good but the beef wasn’t too tender. Desserts were included as well as juice and coffee. It was a good meal.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Quite possibly the worst restaurant experience I have had in my life. We ate here at a family gathering.

In all honesty I remember eating here when I was a kid and enjoying it. When I had brunch here all of the food was from M & Ms (not bad if I prepare myself on week nights but this is not what I expect when I pay $ to go out!). The roast beef was dry and had no flavour, the chicken was soggy and disgusting, and the potatoes tasted like styrofoam. If you're a vegetarian enjoy the frozen veggies as there is nothing else available for you to eat. I recognized the food as being from M & Ms, but couldn't even enjoy it as it had been out for too long. I wouldn't complain, but having paid +$15 a head this was a complete rip off. The food is cheap and this place cuts corners. This buffet serves slop so people can stuff their face. There is no effort or care for quality food. Do not eat here if you can help it.

2  Thank Avid_Explorer81
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Pedestrian at best the restaurant attracts mainly seniors. Convenient and close must be the 2 major factors in play here. It isn't the golf course which attracts the serious golfer. It isn't the kitchen which attracts someone with a taste for the finer things.

I guess the bottom line is..."it'll do."

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I've had the most dissatisfying and unpleasant experience in your restaurant.
We went for dinner tonight as a family and a waitress came to the table close to the end of the meal and asked me to pick up the mugs at the back end other side of the table while I was speaking to my family. I looked up and over at her in astonishment of her tone and request and in a slight tone of down talking she said I asked you to hand them to me and I said please....I was offended to be asked to clear the table we were still sitting at. When I made complaint of her tone and request she gave me the most evil look and stormed off, taking a bucket full of dishes she was carrying and flung it onto a nearby cart, creating a scene and a lot of noise. This was most embarrasing. When we cashed out 10 minutes or so later she was waiting at the cash and as we approached she looked up and gave me a stern look then smiled at my other family members asking how they liked their dinner. I found her entire conduct very rude. I asked for her name and she told me in a very sarcastic tone and then asked me what my name was in the same tone. I told her I thought she was rude and she said this is only a buffet and did not feel she was rude to me. I've never had this kind of experience and she certainly centered out our family and myself very rudely causing people to notice her behavior. I'm very disappointed this would be an acceptable treatment of patrons at this establishment. She did not seem accountable or bothered one bit by her conduct. It totally ruined our dinner and the experience. The management when contacted to mention this experience was not reliable. On two separate occasions they assured they would make assurances and recontact in response and didn't follow up both times.

1  Thank debramarie
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Every night there is a different main meat along with the buffet. Tuesday nights are cheap nights with roast beef and ham - both are excellent. No one anywhere beats this price.