“You have to wonder how this happens…..”
Review of Oasis Bar & Grill

Oasis Bar & Grill
Ranked #30 of 90 Restaurants in Cobourg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

So, here we are in a lovely little town. And a nice little restaurant. It was all good, except for one (terrible) flaw. And what to do? I mean, you don’t judge a kid for the rest of his life based on him throwing a baseball through one window when he’s 12. And this was a broken window, in a manner of speaking. But it never should have happened. Ordered something with nice spices that came with a lobster tail (you only get 1/2 the tail, but that’s not the issue). The issue was it was bad. And it smelled bad. And you could see the black gunk (mould?) on it and it was just…..bad. But it was still served. Maybe a mistake? Maybe “let’s get rid of this and hope he doesn’t notice or complain”? Dunno. So I mentioned it. And they redid it and the next one was fine. Good actually. So why the first mouldy funky smelling black stained lobster tail. Either negligence or done on purpose. I don’t like to think that the owners would behave this way but what’s the alternative option? Again, dunno. Even though the rest of it was fine, we won’t be back. Cause if this can happen once, it can happen again. And I don’t want to be the paying repository for anyone’s expired seafood. (Photos of both the bad and the good lobster tails posted - obviously the black funky one is the bad one….).

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (307)

Reviewed 3 September 2021

I like fish and chips and take every opportunity to try out a new restaurant. I ordered fish and chips and waited over 20 mins to be served. The dining room was empty, so no other guests.
Very disappointed in the long awaited food. Two small pieces of fish wrapped in a thick blanket of some kind of dough, like a corn dog and soggy to boot!!! Absolutely awful!! I told the server, who happened to be the manager, and all she said was "earlier today another guest told me it was the best fish and chips he ever tasted"! What a rude comment. She needs to take a course in customer service!!
So I gave them another chance to serve fish and chips and I waited for another 15 mins. Unfortunately the same bad fish.
Eventually I wasn't charged for the food, but I was still hungry!! Oasis has changed owners several times and the present one doesn't seem to know anything about food or customer service. The same goes for the staff and the manager. Consider another venue if you want to eat when visiting Cobourg.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

We waited for to min. At the front entrance, no one came, the restaurant wasn't busy at all. When we sat in the back corner outside in the patio, the smell of garbage was very strong. I also believe there was a wasp nest under the deck portion as there was wasps flying all around us.
The food took 3/4 of an hour to arrive. Mediocre hamburger and fries at best. Two young staff serving, running their feet off. Won't be back

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 25 July 2021

My hubby and I had a very pleasant experience. I simply loved the warm Thai salad. Unique and delicious! My hubby had a rigatoni pasta and really liked its intense flavor and homemade touch. Staff was absolutely friendly and efficient. It’s very nice that one can get a couple of degrees less at the patio because of the beautiful trees. We’ll definitely come back.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We went for dinner and were quickly seated on the patio. Our server was friendly and helped us decide on drinks. The food came out quick enough and was very good!!! We loved the atmosphere..quaint and friendly.

Date of visit: July 2021