“Looks can be deceiving”

Archibald Microbrasserie
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Dorval
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Looks great from the outside, funky decor and external good atmosphere. The beer selection is great but unfortunately those serving it are more interested in having the craic behind the bar than serving customers.

Ordered the burger and it came out in 4 minutes, never a good sign...

Won't be back again unless it's for the beer only!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had lunch/dinner here while waiting for a connection. The place wasn't too busy but we only had a little over an hour. I asked if it was enough time and the hostess assured me it was. She was right.

My daughter got a salad and she was happy with it. I got a pasta dish with mushrooms and ham with a rose sauce. It was quite good.

For dessert, my daughter got the brownie and it was enormous. Excellent!

Not a craft beer person and would've loved to have a Molson or similar option. Had to go with soda instead.

Our server was a nice guy and very helpful. All in all, we were very pleased. We had a very good experience for an airport restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We stood at the reception for a long time, being ignored by the two hostesses who were gossiping away at length. We were shown to a table where we were cheek-by-jowl with other diners. I wouldn't fault the beer (La Chipie), the food, or the service by the waiter. And why don't they put any prices on the menu for the draft?

Archibald_micro, General Manager at Archibald Microbrasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Good morning,
Can you reach us by email at psimard@archibaldrestaurants.ca? We would like to know a little more about you experience, especially the date you came to know who was working at that time.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My sister and I ordered a burger and fries and I had a small pint of beer. And we each had a small dessert. Very nice décor and nice to be away from the bustle throughout the airport, but I was seriously shocked when I received a bill for more than $85 for what we had!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a light omelette to start the journey...thought it was a bit rustic and more of a beer pub. Wait staff was so delightful and I followed recommendation for the house omelette - she used the words “well balanced” to describe it! How could I resist. She was 100% correct. Lovely omelette, sautéed mushrooms, arugula, sweet potato puréed - delightful. The portion was perfect. Not too big. The cubes fried potatoes were also perfect! Crispy (without having to ask), hot, lightly seasoned. Small bread basket also just right. Three wedges of artisan bread lightly buttered. Like I said pleasantly surprised and highly recommend omelette if you are passing through the airport.