“Delicious food and cocktails”

Where The Buffalo Roam Saloon
Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Canmore
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I LOVE this place. The food is outstanding. Everything I have had here is mouth watering, and the new summer menu is incredible. Best Moules Frites I have ever had. Cocktails are divine and the staff always friendly and fun, decor is gorgeous and I can enjoy my self here day or night and with family or friends. Super versatile spot. 10 out of 10 for me.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great place for foodies. Well thought out dishes and cocktails. Everything we had was delicious. One of our favorite meals during our 10 day trip. We started with grilled rainbow carrots. I had blue cheese gnocchi and my husband the special which was beef tenderloin. Several small/shareable plates but limited on main options compared to other area restaurants.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I called in to see if they would take a reservation-they told us they do not take reservations but not to worry it was a quite night and there shouldn't be a problem getting a table. Based on the high reviews it seemed like a good place so we popped in around 8pm for dinner and drinks and the place was full except one table. The waiter took her time coming to the front and then proceeded to tell us that we would have to wait 30 or so minutes for a table and the one free was reserved not being apologetic at all. They treat visitors to this town like dirt on the floor. Il spend my money elsewhere.

canmoresaloon, Owner at Where The Buffalo Roam Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We have just switched to a no-reservation policy as it seems to suit our business better, however we do still have some reservations in the book from before this change. This was the case last night. Without tourism our business wouldn't thrive like it does. We really do value our guests and potential guests so i am disappointed to hear that you felt unappreciated. I will speak with our staff from last night to better understand what happened. This said not feeling welcome is not acceptable. I am sorry. You are more than welcome and I would like to encourage you to give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me with more details. I would like to provide you with a gift card for the saloon if you would consider coming again. Sincerely, oonad@telus.net

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My colleagues and I went for dinner this week. We had a lovely cocktail to start and while the menu is limited, each selection seems to have thought in it. Very good quality food and great service.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This place just got even better. Their new summer menu is so exciting. They have Moules Frites and the best ceviche I’ve ever had. The cocktails are delicious, as always. My new favorite is a rum drink called the Sun Also Rises.

1  Thank johnornans