“great food”

Halibut House Fish & Chips
Ranked #143 of 702 Restaurants in Markham
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not sure why there are all these negative reviews. I found this newly opened restaurant to be very clean and the two orders of halibut we ordered were cooked close to perfection and delicious, served with a delicious Greek Salad.
I would for sure return. Parking is available right outside the door.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Having just opened in Thornhill, they are clearly having teething problems, evident by the chaos in the restaurant. Customers complaining, waiters rolling their eyes.... I'll cut them some slack in that area, but certainly not in the food area.
We all ordered grilled Halibut with Greek salad. My jaw dropped when I saw this pallid, colourless, pale piece of fish lying across my plate. One forkful and I reached for salt or something to add to this tasteless mass, some flavour, some colour. In vain.
The salad was slopped in a mound of iceberg lettuce piled too high and sparsely sprinkled with feta. The fries were not the fluffy-inside-crispy-outside sort. They were thick and tasteless but came hot, for those who cared at that point.
The ambience was zero. ZERO. A fast food joint, with slow service, white tiled walls decorated with large blue tiled fish and blue seats. Not an ounce of warmth. None of my party could wait to get our bill and leave. We waited...And waited.
Oh, talking of bill, ridiculous prices for possibly the worst Halibut I've ever eaten.
Will we go back? I think not.

1  Thank Lynda K
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I have stopped coming here for the simple reason the owner is a complete jerk to all his customers. The food is great (although expensive) but it doesn't make up for the rude and hostile behaviour of the owner - think his name is George and for some reason he thinks it's ok to be an obnoxious to paying customers. Anyways, this is not a place I will visit again.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We ordered Halibut with chips and coleslaw. The fish was stale. Fries were very good though. Service was prompt. Restaurant looks very dated.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We weren't overly impressed with the offerings here. Found the lighting and overall atmosphere a little offputting. Busy place, which can be good because the food seemed fresh and hot, but we felt it was too crowded to enjoy our food without feeling rushed or having people whizzing past us. Probably won't eat in the restaurant again, but may do take out.