“Work’s night out”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My first visit to this restaurant but chose it as I had my birthday at the Epsom one. On arrival we were shown to our room which was lovely and cool after a very warm day. We had ordered a bottle of prosecco as one of our team had just got engaged. It is a popular restaurant with another larger group at the table next to us. Ordered the mozzarella and Parma ham as a starter which was very nice but the highlight was the main. Liver and Bacon it was so delicious I did not want it to end. Having a sweet tooth I ordered the sticky toffee pudding with custard which was amazing. The staff were fantastic slight delay with mains but it did not affect the evening which was very enjoyable. I will be back and the area around the restaurant is stunning what a lovely green. See you soon

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Visited the Grumpy Mole with colleagues including one from America. The location in a English village and the combination of ales and food such as pies were exactly what was required.

The food is always a high quality at this Grumpy Mole.

The staff are friendly and usually efficient.

The only issue we had was a mix up over our desert where the kitchen didn't get our order which resulted in a wait of around 45 minutes. Apologies were given and we weren't charged fior the deserts.

Otherwise a very good dinner up the Grumpy Mole's high standard.

Given that we werent in a hurry it wasn't a major issuie and the gesture was appreciated.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Wonderful food and service as always. Staff had a trying day due to the technical problems caused by a new computer system yet still maintained their usual degree of professionalism (despite one very nasty and unreasonable customer). A credit to the management. We are usually very impressed but today was exceptional, given the challenges they faced.

1  Thank Trish S
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We got a last minute table thanks to our host at the local B&B. The food was delicious a nice mix of the expected and some interesting alternatives so something for everyone. The beer was praised by hubby which takes some doing!!

1  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely birthday lunch with my work colleagues. Our waitress was lovely and attentive. Our ploughman's lunches were super and puddings divine. You have to book, which says a lot! Will definitely be going back again and I keep on recommending too.