“Pure vegetarian and vegan food”
Review of Guan Cafe

Guan Cafe
Ranked #2 479 of 4 324 Restaurants in Auckland
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Lovely staff, nice service and great food. We go there regularly as the food is good and the price is reasonable.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Popped while waiting for a bay to free up in TJs Carwash and the aroma had me at the front door so decided to stay for lunch. I arrived at midday and it was bustling, lots of happy chatter at the tables and a few couples still finishing up brunch - by the time my food arrived it was standing room only with people leaving clutching takeaways and coffee to go.

I followed the blackboard menu suggestion and had 3 cup "chicken" and a Lime & Lemon smoothie, the portion sizes were more than expected and at $21 I felt it was value for money.

As it was busy and a little noisy I opted for one of the two (two seater) tables outside which had a shared umbrella (greatly appreciated) and despite being tucked directly to the right of the front door it was out of the way of everyone coming and going. Seating inside is ample with a variety of well placed table configurations and some couch/bench seating and tables for larger groups. It's clearly a very popular place with locals and there is no doubt I will be returning particularly as finding a good vegetarian cafe / food out that way can be quite challenging but I'll definately pick my arrival time to one where it isn't quite so busy (a personal preference).

There was very little cabinet food on offer which was a little disappointing as I was hoping to take something away but perhaps everything had sold early morning.

The premises were very clean and tidy, and tables quickly cleared when patrons departed and despite being busy there was still plenty of parking available with some spots right outside their front door.