All reviewssky channelsthe main roadroad noisereasonable priceon arrivalcomfortable bedin townone nightheaterunithostsmotel
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Quiet, clean and great value. Close to town and facilities. Try the Black Stump Cafe for incredible meals. A Danish community including Norsewood Pure NZ wool products for all ages enjoyed the town and accommodation. Good off highway 2 to get to Wellington.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Motel may be a bit old, but our room was spotlessly clean and the gentleman at reception was friendly & chatty, advising us on where to have dinner. Prices were very reasonable, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I needed a bed for the night in Dannevirke and after reading previous reviews I did not have more than average expectations for my stay. However it was much better than expected. Although the complex is quite old and built of concrete blocks the room I had was newly refurbished and very comfortable. The shower pressure was acknowledged as low for water conservation purposes but it was adequate for a refreshing shower. Very comfortable big bed and great air conditioning system that cooled the room after a very warm day. Good to have a range if sky channels to watch
It was good to have a couch to sit on to watch TV and also a proper table with 2 chairs is unusual in a basic studio unit but much appreciated.
The welcome on arrival was warm and friendly and the hosts recommendation for dinner was spot on.
Great internet connection that was free.
My one comment of something that was missing in my unit was a landline phone. I guess this is considered non essential in today’s world but not everyone has or chooses to use a cell phone to call home. If I had a medical emergency overnight I am not sure how I would have got help.
I was in a unit close to road which is SH2 but road noise OK for me overnight.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!! Staff lied and change price, when I asked what the family price was they said they only had one room left and it was 115,I left there office in tears they both yelled and screamed when I was trying to pay the first price quoted saying I didnt tell them I had kids but the kids were standing in the office when I checked in, ended up paying 135 even thought I supplied the bedding for my 1 year old.Kids toys were in a smoker shed and smelled rank.They have night lights on until 9.45pm so my kids couldn't sleep nor myself after a long day traveling, it was like having the lights on in the room, when i called they said but a blanket over the curtain. DON'T BOOK THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: Rooms in a L shape, all super loud,cars starting in the morning will wake you up
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is the best for price in Dannevirke, no bells or whistles but a straight forward room with a good tv and a good nights sleep. Located walking distance from Mac Donald's and downtown, the church next door is currently being renovated, so there maybe some noise in the morning if you are sensitive to noise (my boys didn't even notice) and like a sleep in late.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms towards the back of the property- less road noise and more private.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family