I spent the weekend in this beautiful home with my family, great view and at a great location. This home is four stories so before booking make sure everyone does not mind the flights of stairs. This home comes with all the basics and very comfortable beds. The communication with the owners was excellent they always responded quickly. Looking forward to booking this property again when in South Lake Tahoe.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|
This is a good vacation rental. It exceeded my expectations.
1. The location is excellent. At first, I thought it would be a secluded place considering the owner's description of bears and coyotes in the lease. But, it's not. It's only 20 mins away from major attractions and there's a ski resort just walks away from it. Cellular coverage is terrible for Tmobile, but works for Verizon or AT&T. Apple map doesn't work well around this region, so I'd recommend you use Google map.
2. Everything is provided. Excluding food & drinks and soap, the place pretty much has everything. TV, board games, cards, pots, pans, bowls, knives, towels, etc. There's something in every drawer/cupboard. Guests could even bring PS4 or Xbox!
3. Spa. Yes, spa! There's a large Jacuzzi that can fit 7 adults. Now, if you ski or snowboard during the day in winter or hike in summer, the Jacuzzi makes a great bonus to this place.
Therefore, it's worth the price. Let me show you the math: I paid around $600 for two nights in peak season, which is then split among my friends. Roughly, it costs only about $70 for each person. You get 100% privacy (owner doesn't hang around to fuss, everything is said in paper) and a Jacuzzi. This is way better than a hotel. Trust me, this place is awesome!
Booked this place for our yearly family vacation. Great location, very clean, owners were friendly and responded within the hour whenever I sent them an email. Had no issues while we stayed in their home. Would definitely book again!
The place was good, except for some problems:
1. Wifi wasn't working. We had to work with the owner to hardwire into the router to retrieve the password. The owner was very friendly and helpful, but I'm not sure most people would have been able to fix this problem.
2. The floors are simply lumber, with enough gaps to see light from above. There is zero sound insulation if you've got someone moving above you. Forget about turning on the TVs in the rooms, since anyone in adjacent floors will hear everything.
3. The absolute WORST part was the toilet in the top floor. It overflowed. All the fun things that exist in a toilet overflowed and went through the lumber flooring. What sits directly underneath the toilet on the floor below? Your dinner, cooking on the stove. It went all over the stove and oven and then onto the floor. What a disaster. This was by far the worst part of the place that could have been fixed by the owner, especially since I see from a recent review that this was an issue already.
4. The jacuzzi had sands in the seats when we arrived. Kinda gross. Wish they had cleaned them better. Also the jacuzzi itself can't warm the water past 101, which is pretty lukewarm for a hot tub.
The decor is very random, but we didn't mind. What we DID like about the place was how warm it stayed. There are no cold spots in this place, which is amazing. The location is super convenient. Very close to the Stagecoach Heavenly lift.
All in all, a good place, but I would make sure that the above things are addressed before visiting.