“Early breakfast”

Lekker Kalk Bay
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Kalk Bay
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Spent day around the village eating at two restaurants meeting friends and enjoying the cycle tour. Started the day here and what a lovely experience. Fast friendly service and an excellent breakfast. Thank you!

2  Thank _ashtash_wp

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I popped in two weeks ago for an Iced Coffee. It was the worst ever. My daughtet refused to drink hers and ordered a Cappuccino. I forced myself to finish mine as I was very thirsty as we had walked from Muizenberg and were walking back again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Great service but average food.
Butter chicken curry was average, the beef brisket tasted okay but the meat was very very tough... sad.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Coffees are mixed here, depending on which barista makes them. However, the main reason for the low rating is that they refuse to serve tap water. Even when pointed out that they have a legal obligation to, the manager just said it was the owner's decision to break the law. It's a disgrace that restaurants are helping to cause another environmental disaster (single use plastic bottles) in the name of addressing another (which is rubbish because tap water for drinking is a tiny proportion of the water that they use). They are simply using the current drought as a money-making opportunity.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Shortly after dipping into the chilling waters of Kalk Bay with my good friend Jessy, we wandered through the streets looking for a good place to have a decent lunch. I took one look inside Lekker and decided this was the place we were going. The vibe was visibly refreshing and the interior decor was full of bespoke, little items which awakened my inner designer.

We sat down and were greeted by our wonderful waitress who was fast and efficient the entire time. The interesting meal ideas littered throughout the menu made it extremely difficult to choose what I was going to devour (I'm always so hungry after an ocean swim HAHA DONT JUDGE ME THANKS)

Anyway.

I ordered pork tacos as a starter with a bacon salad as my main course.

CAN I JUST SAY THAT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I CAN RATE A MEAL 10/10. The pork tacos were sublime. Delicious. Revolutionary. Absolutely life-changing. I cannot put it any other way. You have to go try them for yourself. The pork was crisp, but not dry. Bursting with brilliant, vibrant flavors. The pork was complemented by the spread of heavenly coleslaw smeared on to the side of the taco-bread. Inside was also an avocado slice garnished with some rocket. (My mouth is watering as I am writing this). Definitely something that does not have enough recognition on their menu. It was bloody brilliant.

Next up was the salad and I wish I had eaten this first because even though it was delightful and tasty, it did not measure up to my starter! The salad contained baby spinach and rocket as the base leaves with dainty slices of cucumber which weren't as fresh as the rest of the salad. The tomato was crisp and full of earthy goodness that matched the seeds sprinkled throughout the dish. The salad dressing was anchovy mayo and it truly brought the entire salad to life. The ocean zing splashed through my mouth with every. single. bite.

The chicken was grilled and cooked well. It had a crispy outer layer that shot you down with braai seasoning (barbeque for non-locals) as soon as it entered your mouth! The bacon was soft and even though it is not my favourite style of frying it, when combined with the chicken, it was the perfect soft-crispy duo.

Lastly the poached egg on top brought in a stunning aesthetic appeal to the salad and when it was broken open it changed the game and filled the plate with another sauce mixture that played well with the anchovy mayonnaise.

We left with full bellies and happy hearts because at the end of the day, THATS WHAT GOOD FOOD DOES FOLKS.

-TFL