“Reliable Bistro fare”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018

This is a small intimate venue with a bustling pavement in summer. Reliable bistro style meals and very popular with the locals.
Short but workable wine list and fast, cheerful efficient service. Great for a late lunch, early dinner or for those nights that you dont feel like cooking

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I am shocked that a restaurant can get away with what they do .I ordered a main special seafood pasta with penne (gluten free).firstly I knew there was a small extra charge for gluten free but I was led to believe the special penne was also available on gluten free options.when the portion was presented imagine the shock when the portion was the size of a side plate and the so called white fish was the size of a 50 cents za coin.not to mention the total invisibility​ of the shrimp..I feel totally embarrassed for being hoodwinked in such a way..more so I wonder if visiters feel the same way...
When I complained I was told ..I will give you a card then you can contact them to complain...there was no one in the restaurant that had the authority to manage or had the capacity for conflict resolution.the solution was lots of happy feely bravado....careful if you have a complaint..you may be smothered in unsolicited comforting to try cushion the dissatisfied customer...

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Back when we lived and worked in Jozi, Satori was a regular reunion with family when we got down here once or twice a year, so it’s always had good memories.

And they continue.

We’d come through to Kalk Bay for the Easter weekend and popped into Satori without having booked. For 5.45 on Good Friday, the place was already humming. Maybe it was a last carbo-load for the Two Oceans the next day.

Nazli (great dry sense of humour) made no fuss about getting us a table for two. Satori got busier and busier and, like the eclectic furnishing, our meal was simple, rustic, unpretentious, flavoursome Italian at its best. The service was friendly, sharp, on point but never pushy and every one of the staff had a chirpy, relaxed, welcoming way of going about their business.

Another great, top value for money meal. I recommend Satori without reservation...

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you’re ever at a loss on where to go for dinner in Kalk bay, you will never be again after eating here. Great food with a great atmosphere, warm and inviting!

Try the pork, it’s very good as well as all the pizza’s.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I have been eating here for a few years now, and come here with family and friends every now and again. The food is always incredibly tasty, and I have yet to pick something off the menu that isn’t both delicious and great value for money.

The staff are absolutely lovely and always make sure everyone is well looked after without constantly being in your space bugging you.

Highly recommend Satori to anyone who appreciates tasty food and doesn’t want to break the bank!