eDreams
Trip.com
Travelocity
All reviews big waves egremni beach steep slope turquoise blue nice hotel wonderful view beautiful island hill bay greek nikitas beauties car ag beaches sea summer
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2020

This was my 4th visit to the beautiful island. I chose the Hotel Santa marina mainly because of the great location, as you have within reach all the most beautiful beaches on the island.

the bus dropped us off below in the village Ag. Nikitas, and to the hotel it was about 200m up a steep slope. Which was hard in hot weather with a 20kg suitcase. I am young and it was not a problem for me, but for the rest of the elderly from the bus it could be a big problem.

At the reception, a man gave me a paper to fill in my information, then he just told me – I wish you a pleasant stay. That's it! No information, when is breakfast, when is dinner, wifi password, what about pool area, room, nothing! I was shocked by such an embarrassing situation - of course then I bombarded him with my questions.

I was alone, so I was surprised by a large room with a double bed, a nice balcony, the bathroom was a classic "Greek", according to their website, I was expecting a nicer bathroom.

Breakfast was a classic continental and dinner otherwise delicious but oversized. The agency advertised the hotel as having great food, but I wasn’t impressed

Pros:
Location!!!!! TOP!!!!, the air conditioning works flawlessly and even when you are not in the room, big room about 12m², perfect-quiet refrigerator, no noise from the outside, excellent window doors, great exterior shutters - very dark in the room, no entry through the reception to enter the room / building, huge park space

Cons:
wifi does not work, 100m VERY STEEP climb, shower curtain – IS VERY BAD !!!!!!!, oversized dinner portions, plastic sheet on the mattress under the cotton sheet, indiscretion on the balcony - everyone is looking at each other, soft mattress, bad pillow, unfriendly staff

COVID:
no cleaning of room in 7 days!, no change of towels in 7 days, continental breakfast is served by a hotel employee behind plexiglass , and you have to explain to him what you want on a plate and usually this employee didn't know good English what I wanted, terrible !!!!! it was the same at dinner, masks in reception/shops/ buses.

I might come to this hotel someday but not for more than 7 days

Bonus: ............. MEGALI PETRA II. BEACH (on pictures): Drive to Megali Petra beach, than walk along the shore about 1km and 500m south, it's not hard walk, you just need Sneakers, noooo flip flops!, and than you will arrive to one of the most beautiful beach on the island, I discovered it myself with the help of Google maps. If there are big waves, the water will be even more turquoise blue .... I was completely alone, but if you want to be even more alone, go further along the shore about 300m south, and you will come to a new bay, like a lodge, about 50m shore of your own private beach. So you don't need Egremni Beach, go here and enjoy the beauties!

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Jani J
Reviewed 31 January 2020

The location is amazing, so lovely, very charming. Beach Agios Nikitas is close and very beautiful. If you want to see other beaches you need a car. To Mylos beach you can have an easy walk over the hill... it is worth it, totally!
Room is cosy, breakfast nice , also dinner.

I will come again. <3

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Katarina S
Reviewed 3 September 2019

I and my wife spent 7 days in Agios Nikitas in july 2019 and acomodated at Santa Marina hotel. I can say it was our dream vacation, nice staff, nice rooms with sea view, wonderful location up to the mountains. We could see from our balcony the intire landscape above the sea. The food was excellent and fresh. The location is near many wonderful beaches like kathisma, milos beach, megali petra, kavalikefta, pekoulia. Very good quality for its price.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank IulianS-A
Reviewed 1 September 2019

The rooms are clean and spacious with beautiful views. However the bathrooms are crying out for renovations. The showers are terrible small and outdated. Also this hotel does not have elevators and no one to help you with suitcases to the third floor. Other than that location is good and check in and out was smooth.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2019 via mobile

We just came back from our vacations to lefkada. I’ve been in agios NIkitas 5 times and its the first time we stayed in agia Marina and from now on will be the one we choose always!
This hotel its like 10 min walk from the beach (maybe less but we walked with a 2 years old toddler).
Why I want to come back?
- the rooms are fully renovated.
-amazing view
- its from the few hotels that have parking in agios NIkitas and if you close a hotel without parking there its a chaos.
-the mattress is very good!! First time I slept in a hotel with a mattress that really helps to sleep.
-no noise at all
-the staff is very gentle.
Thank you Santa Marina! See you next summer!

Date of stay: August 2019