“The perfect stay. If only it were for longer”
other travellers have booked this property
Sitting Room with woodburner, HD Sony TV & Hi FI Sitting Room
Dinning Section
Bahtroom
Rear View
Rear Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 55 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Crashmatt
“The perfect stay. If only it were for longer”
Reviewed 31 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

Firstly, wifi (Strange starting topic). We noted other reviews commented that the wifi wasn't great - having a 15 year old daughter this did concern us a little and she arrived with books galore.They weren't needed! It appears this has been resolved and the internet - was perfect at around 3mbs constantly. More than adequate for anyone. The mobile phone signal was non existent - so a little tip - use the app that your network provider offers to make calls or Facebook voice, FaceTime/audio etc. Was perfect!. Mind you I was hoping for nothing in some respects to break free. :)

To our review,,,,,
We have never been away for Christmas before and being the only time we get the opportunity thought we would try something different.
We are so glad we did!.
From the moment of walking in - finding a lovely bottle of Prosecco and large box of cookies for us and a chocolate selection pack for our daughter we knew we had made the right choice.
The pictures do this beautiful cabin no justice whatsoever and I'd love to see the owner show this off better.
EVERYTHING and more was catered for. We were amazed at how well stocked it was and being clean freaks - it's evident that cleaning is high on the priorities. It was spotless!.
Elaine, (The caretaker) lives nearby and such a lovely lady. Made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. She really is a credit.
I could go on, but feel I don't need to. This place truly sells itself. From the immaculately presented cabin, Hot tub, Sauna & log fire - to the beautiful idyllic area, what more could you ask for?
100% we will be back. Thank you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness & well stocked
Liked least: Personal one - I like a firm bed. The bed is soft. If you like Premiere Inn beds - very similar. Not a criticism, just a personal choice.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
1 Jan 2016
Many thanks for your review. It is nice to have our hard work and attention to detail appreciated. Open Reach is in the middle of installing fibre so the broadband speed should be massively improved in the near future. At this point I may well put in an internet sip phone that has sensible charging rates to help relieve the mobile problem.
Nicola S
Manchester - England
“Fabulous retreat!”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

What a gorgeous place! The photos don't do this lodge justice - especially the kitchen.
Really lovely secluded lodge with fabulous amenities - hot tub was great. Loved the log burner too.
We spent a lovely time getting away from it all.
I didn't find the rules scary but I do agree with the comments on wifi - there just isn't any!!! (As it turned out we ended up enjoying the total escape from the world!) - but I think if you say you have wifi then you should provide it - I think each lodge needs its own router!

It's a great spot and it was lovely to take our dog with us too!

Management Response
18 Dec 2015
Thank you for your review. The wifi had become a problem with mobile phone devices and Open reach had run out of lines. They and are in the middle of installing fibre cables and running 6 months + late. Part of this has now been resolved with Open Reach have upgraded the exchange to ADSL2+ at least Allowing me to put in a wired WiFi link to the new modem system that now resolves the range issue. Still waiting on them finishing the fibre installation to the lodges, once that has been done we should have far faster internet, hopefully in the next month.
l0ul0u197...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and lovely”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Our stay was lovely and the lodge was so calming and relaxing. I enjoyed every minute of it. The hot tub was fab and othe jets really relaxed any tension in my back. I loved the beds and the surroundings. The only downside was the Internet signal was non existent part from when you stand outside by the hot tub. I think that sharing a signal with the other lodge is not feasible. I would love to return at xmas as I think it would be amazing. One more thing was the rules were a bit off putting. I was constantly worried about doing something wrong so maybe they need to be slightly reworded to tone them down.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub
Liked least: The rules
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
samsamsam...
“Beautiful but ALOT of rules!! ”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Myself and now fiancé (proposed whilst there!) Stayed for four nights at the log cabin. The log cabin is absolutely beautiful and furnished to an incredible standard. The surrounding area is even more beautiful and some great activities to do, we went on numerous walks but also booked to do rock climbing and abseiling. So there is plenty to do, and if not you can always relax in the hot tub, sauna or simply lounge next to the fire watching TV.

The cabin is amazing like mentioned and obviously the copious amount of rules do work as the guests do treat it with respect. But myself and my fiancé did find it a bit overwhelming, felt like we couldn't relax properly. I was constantly cleaning because I was scared of leaving a mark and getting charged.

The hot tub and sauna was lovely, everywhere we stay in England we always try and find a place with a hot tub. So we know a good one! And this was lovely. But yet again I was super scared of getting a £100 fine incase I pressed a wrong button or what not. You are also not allowed to turn the temp up or down because it might shut down the hot tub, which would be a nice £100 fine! But we definitely felt it wasn't hot enough, it got a little cold for us. Especially as we liked to use it in the evenings when the air was slightly cooler.
The sauna would be better if it could go hotter to.

We also went for a lovely meal at Mawddach restaurant, I would recommend going there! It's in a beautiful area and the food is gorgeous.

I was slightly gutted that the check out time was 10 am, but you can ask for later check out so I presume that's our own fault!!

I know it seems like I have mentioned a lot of cons, but they haven't put me off. I will definitely book again because the place is stunning.

HannahT10...
“Perfect, romantic and relaxed”
Reviewed 8 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We had a beautiful stay, so relaxing. It felt like home when we arrived. The hot tub and sauna were a excellent extra! We would come and stay again every time!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing