eDreams
Lol.travel
All reviews chef franco the kitchen amazing experience tuscan countryside day trip my sister table settings amazing villa amazing chef the entire property cooking meals florence winery assistant towns 3pm
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I was looking for a complete Tuscany experience cooking class for my Aunt's birthday. Happen to stumble to Tuscookany's website. Believe me, this place will exceed your expectation. The Villa is gorgeous. The accommodations are adorable and extremely clean. Food... well my mouth waters just remembering!!!! Staff unbelievably friendly. To think they do this week after week after week. You cannot fake this charm. Our chef Franco was the best (felt I was in one of those Master Chef shows but without the yelling and totally relaxing). We took our 3 children (11, 13 and 15 years old). My older two participated in the class while my young one hangout with my husband who was working remotely and not part of the cooking class. Even though my 11 year old had a great time, please note the Villa does not have the type of activities young children are accustom today. My 11 year old only participated in making the pizza one day. During the rest of our cooking time, my young son spent it in the pool, hiking, and playing with his electronics. Overall, this was truly an amazing experience. My family enjoyed this 10x more than our last year Disney Cruise to Alaska.

Room tip: Book early so you can get the room that best fits your family.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Bewitched72
Tus C, Owner at Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

We are pleased to read that you and your family had such a lovely time! We know that its not really suitable for very young children and have a minimum age of 11-12 years, so we are pleased that regardless your 11 year old enjoyed it. Happy cooking and we look forward to welcoming you back in Tuscany sometime in the future!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

My partner and I loved Tuscookany at Torre del Tartufo. If you're on the fence about going - don't hesitate! It was an amazing experience. Several other individuals had been to cooking schools all over the world, and said that Franco was by far the best. When I first read the itinerary and saw there were only four days of cooking, I thought it would be too few. They have mastered the schedule and it is perfect! I can't imagine adding more to the schedule it's was spectacular as is. The accommodations are unbelievable. Beautifully decorated and impeccably clean. I have no complaints. We loved our time there and can't wait to return!

Room tip: All the rooms are spectacular - I think the two best rooms are the one over the arch and Basil looking out over the pool / Tuscany!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank whit12789
Tus C, Owner at Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review you make us blush and we know the staff will be proud! Happy cooking!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

If you love to cook, or just love to eat, or just love beautiful, luxurious villas, or maybe just love meeting great people from all over the world, book this. Franco and the staff will insure this is an experience you will not forget. Incredible Villa, accommodations, and fun, fun cooking school - beginners to experts will love it! The tours are also great fun - wait till you see the vineyard that produces a wine named Psycho! We took 4 friends with us - all of them raved about the experience!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tus C, Owner at Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you so much for coming back for a second time and bringing friends and we are happy to read that you all had such a good time! Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We just left this “paradise on earth” and find it hard to put the experience into words... One couple of our group (3 couples) had been here 7 years ago and had such a great time, they wanted to come back and “drafted” us to go with them.

From the moment we stepped onto the property, it was not only 5 stars (accommodations, staff, hospitality), but fun and a great learning experience.

The food (the vast majority of which we prepared ourselves in “teams” of 3,4, or 5 guests) was amazing. The ingredients, the quality and the frequency kept us satiated throughout the day. We prepared dishes we had never prepared before. We learned new techniques for staples (always adjust the acidity if a tomato based sauce with baking soda, never sugar!), we drank from a bottomless supply of wine (included). We met people from many different places and backgrounds and enjoyed each other’s company long into the night...I simply cannot give this a higher recommendation.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tus C, Owner at Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you so much for this review! It makes us proud. We look forward to welcoming you back to Tuscany and hopefully in less than 7 years!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

This was on my bucket list for a long time. Thinking how wonderful it would be. It was more than I dreamed it would be. Everyone there made us feel like this was our home for the week. Lena was so AMAZING. Chef Franco and Paula also AMAZING. Booking from Canada hoping its all they say it is when reading reviews on the internet....well this surpassed my expectations. My advice is DO IT!!