eDreams
Lol.travel
Bronf17
Adelaide, Australia
Add this to your bucket list!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2017
We recently did the three day Italian cooking course at Torre del Tartufo and it was one of the best experiences I have had on my overseas travels.
From the very first email contact with Lena, the service we received was exceptional. Everyone we had contact with could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble. The team at Tuscookany have thought of absolutely everything. It was very easy to get the train from Florence to Arrezzo where we were met by Alex the manager, who drove us to Torre del Tartufo. The accommodation was beautiful and rustic, the gardens and pool were so serene and the scenery of the Tuscan hills, amazing. Franko and Paolo in the kitchen were brilliant. They taught us some brilliant recipes and the food each night was delicious. There was no pressure to be a great cook, our group had a mix of people with different levels of experience. Franko and Paolo managed to rescue any mistakes without any fuss.
The meals each night were fun. We had a great group of people which just made the experience even better. We came home with a great cookbook of all the things we made plus heaps of other recipes. The generosity of the team at Tuscookany will be hard to beat. I honestly can't recommend this highly enough.
Date of stay: August 2017
12.7 km from Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany
12.9 km from Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany
11.2 km from Torre del Tartufo Cooking Vacations Tuscany
View more hotels in Chiaveretto
All reviews chef franco the kitchen amazing experience tuscan countryside day trip my sister table settings amazing villa amazing chef the entire property cooking meals florence winery assistant towns 3pm
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This place is simply a dream. The villa's mountain setting is spectacular, the rooms are utterly charming, and the pool was the prettiest I have ever seen. And then there was the cooking school, which was so much fun. Even though I am a pretty experienced home cook and baker, I learned a lot, and Franco and Paolo made it lots of fun. They were extremely kind and never made any of us, no matter how inexperienced, feel bad about our mistakes in the kitchen. The meals were heavenly. And maybe we were just lucky, but the other guests staying at the villa were delightful company, as were managers Lena and Alex. Even my two teens were completely won over. They were also impressed by the quality of the Wifi connection!

Room tip: Rooms are arranged in suites, so they will assign you based on your group size.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank beentheredunnethat
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is a must for your bucket list!! I found this experience while googling for cooking vacations in Tuscany and absolutely everything exceeded my expectations! The pictures online do not do justice for how beautiful it is in person. I was a solo traveler for this experience, but would also recommend this week long experience for groups, friends, couples, etc. The service was the best I have ever had while traveling and all who worked there made every effort to meet the needs and wishes for all guests. The food and wine was amazing, the classes were fun and informative, and the scenery was gorgeous. I came back from this vacation relaxed, renewed, and with great new recipes to cook at home! I wish I could have stayed longer!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank debrau2017
Reviewed 4 August 2017

This villa and the Tuscookany classes is one of my favorite travel experiences to date. We arranged our entire Italian holiday around this portion of the trip. In the planning stages I was concerned it was too pricey. Boy was I wrong. Accommodations superior. Chef Franco and his wonderful assistant Paola took the time to go to market for whole fish to show me specifically how to clean and prepared whole fish. The food we prepared daily was fabulous and all food and beverages are included. As well all the outings, of which there were four were also included. A winery tour, a goat farm with goat cheeses, an Italian linen shop and an Olive Oil farm with lunch at the owners home. Unbelievable trip that I will cherish for a lifetime. Bravo!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TraceyFogarty
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

As a newly wed couple, we counted this week in Tuscany as somewhat of a bucket list-slash-honeymoon trip. I love cooking (not an experienced home cook by any means, but I enjoy making meals for friends and family) and my husband loves wine, so Tuscany was a natural choice for a culinary-based vacation. The great thing was that my husband could join Tuscookany as a non-participating guest, which meant he didn't have to pay for the cooking classes, but could still enjoy all the amenities of the villa and the wonderful dinners and company of everyone. He has the most relaxing week reading, running, Swimming, hot tubbing and of course eating in the beautiful Torre del Tartufo, and never once did he complain that he was bored. We also took day trips frequently - cooking class starts at 3 pm on 4 of the 7 days we were there - and travelled to wineries in both Chianti and Brunello regions (Brunello region needed the full free day), did the hike around the villa. I did a massage (he didn't) and it was incredibly relaxing after a week of intense cooking!

The cooking lessons themselves were truly world class. I learnt a lot about Italian food and ingredients, from anti pastis to pastas, main courses and desserts. The structure of the class forces everyone to try out different things, those who weren't comfortable with desserts would still have to try their hand at baking, etc. We were always challenged but it was fine as we worked in teams and we could help each other and learn from each other. Some days got a little crazy and there would be missteps here and there but it always miraculously turned out fine under the tutelage of Franco, our teacher, and his ninja assistant (and partner) Paola. We rolled out pastas, made and grilled our own pizzas, gelatos, tiramisu (oh the hazelnut crumble), and many other innovative and delicious food (Squash tart! Tomato soup! Limoncello!). The menu is seasonal so everything is always fresh and different depending on when you come.

All in all, we had an excellent time. The group dynamics made up for a big part of this experience. We were fortunate to have a very fun and outgoing group, lots of laughter and good conversation through dinners. Everyone stayed up late after dinner, drinking the array of alcohol that Franco would bring out, and just hang out. Very memorable week!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leediah
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We have been all over the world. This cooking experience belongs now to my top three most appreciated trips. So Galapagos Islands and Machu Pichu in Peru face serious competition...

Location in Tuscani is perfect, the building very well maintained, superior decoration. Cooking lessons both interesting and fun. We might not be experts in Italian cuisine, but from now on, we do know how to create some awesome dishes.

Most striking were the people of Torre del Tartufo. Both staf and visitors. Staf highly dedicated to arrange 100% client hapiness. It comes from their hart, these people are real!

In short: TOP!