“Convenient, cozy, and relaxed!”
Review of The Sidewalk Cafe

The Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Vredehoek
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2017

My husband and I stayed in an AirBnB right around the corner from The Sidewalk Cafe in Vrederhoek, so we decided to stop in on our first day in Cape Town as we waited for check-in. Needless to say, we fell in love and made ourselves regulars for the week. We loved the service, particularly Simone! She was so down to earth and kind. There's nothing better to us than finding a place on vacation that you fall in love with... and this was my husband and my place. We enjoyed breakfast, dinner, and beverages here and were never disappointed. To top off our days, we often ended our evenings at Sidewalk with a mochachino for my husband and a hot chocolate for me! I highly recommend this cafe! And ask for Simone to serve you! :-)

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I was attracted to the hip decor of this place. However, the food was rather disappointing.

I ordered the Line fish of the day, which I was told was seared tuna with Asian style noodles. The tuna was pretty good but the noodles were so bad that I probably ate only two tablespoons of the noodles. I am not sure if they had some misconception that Asian styled noodles are very salty, but these noodles were drenched in some extremely salty sauce. I tried to pour some water into my noodles but it couldn't dilute that saltiness.

We also ordered an Apple Berry Crumble. It fared better than the noodles but was lacking the crunch of the crumble.

That said, my husband enjoyed his Green Goddess Sandwich.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Sat on a corner with great views, this place has a superb range of dishes

We all went for seafood with three lots of crispy calamari (like popcorn!), prawns in string pastry, and the line fish of the day, a succulent tuna steak with a zingy beetroot couscous

All very tasty and they also have a decent wine selection too

Server was great, and very engaging. Recommended

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

We came here for breakfast during the week. The breakfast was excellent. Try the fresh juices. They are superb. Staff is super friendly and the whole place has a very relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Great funky place with consistently good food and really friendly and relaxed service - one of the best in Cape Town.