The Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Vredehoek
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived for dinner with our 3 year-old daughter and we were very lucky to wait only 5minutes to get a table ! People were very nice and the food was good, especially the grilled calamari!! Très bon dîner :)

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I went to the sidewalk cafe for a meal, I had the risotto with prawns. The staff were friendly and smiling, the food was very nice but the portion wasn't that good, I always give a tip but I was a bit shocked when I saw the bill written how much shall I tip, not too much , it ended up being just £2 tip, next day I walked in for a take away coffee and after I paid I waited for the change and the guy looked at me and asked do you want your change? That made me avoid the place because of the way they prey on tips, it might be normal in South Africa but I didn't feel the same pressure in the other places I visited in the area.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Such a charming experience. Lovely staff hustling atmosphere. Lovely food. Location is on street with easy access. Good spot to walk to and drop in with easy parking also within range. Good views on two sides. Inside and outside options.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Had a little time to kill and a little peckish too, popped into this popular vibey spot for a snack and drink. The waiters were good although the food and drink took forever. The price to portion size isn't great, it's an expensive outlet, but trendy and quaint, so you'll pay for that rather than the food, which was fine but nothing special.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorites in Cape Town. Its a very small restaurant in Vredehoek, but the vibe makes this place great, the food and drinks is also amazing! This is a great place for one on one dates!!