“Clean, Private, Secure Paradise!!!”
other travellers have booked this property
You can relax and read your favorite book
third bedroom
Downstairs bedroom
The stuary
Barbecue
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
deeone1
Los Angeles
“Clean, Private, Secure Paradise!!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

After much research to plan my vacation I opted for "Mar De Oro". I contacted the owner ((Patricia ) while I was still in the states and arranged to meet her once in San Salvador. Patricia is a sweet heart and was accommodating from the very start. I explained that I really needed affirmation that the place was safe since I was taking my teenage daughter and niece with me. Once I met her and her husband in person, I knew I was dealing with respectable and decent people. She explained the layout of the place and how to get there. We exchanged payment and receipts and I headed towards Barra de Santiago the next day. Once I pulled out from the main road into the access road, it was awesome!! You travel through a road with sugar cane plantations, rivers and nice scenery until you reach the town at the Barra De Santiago. You then continue to a more isolated and private part of the estuary finally reaching this beautiful place. Beach on one side and water canal on the opposite side. Plenty of tropical vegetation and a clean beach. You then walk into the ranch to be greeted by the care taker (Julio ) with coconuts in hand.You will likely smile because it is just like the pictures, clean, spacious and clear pool. Plenty of outdoor sitting and hammocks. The place is very tastefully decorated. Loved the rooms with wooden plank floors. Clean showers and bathrooms. I opted in for having a cooking /cleaning person for a minimal extra fee and that made the difference. We had 10 persons in my party and purchased all the groceries that were necessary to be self sufficient. Carlita the cook was so sweet and attentive. She cooked , grilled and treated us to some authentic cooking. There are also grocery stores in town and can ask the care taker to pick up any necessary items you may have forgotten. Although the stores may not carry everything you need. There is also a small fresh seafood restaurant a boat ride's away. So sit back and enjoy the pool , enjoy the beach, walk to the estuary or ride a lancha to the bocana for a swim. We rented it for 3 days, we would stay in the pool till late hours of the night while listening to waves break and looking up to clear sky full of stars. It was like I imagined my vacation. My daughter and niece loved it and thought the place was special..so special that I could not resist and went back for another day the following week with other members of my family. By the way, this place is right next door to a chic resort which charges an insane amount per person for the same setting that you get at Mar de Oro..I shall return. Thank you !!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Beach
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing