My previous review pretty much covers all the benefits of staying at this great apartment. We don't normally book the same place twice so that says a lot about how much we enjoyed ourselves last year. Pilar was extremely helpful and flexible even though our flight and subsequent delay meant we arrived at 3 in the morning, and she was flexible in allowing us to stay late into our leaving day. We are very thankful for the perfect communication from booking through to departing.
The apartment is well located. We have a new favourite beach but slightly reticent to share it with everyone...but Ra-Ma in Marbesa, about 10 minutes drive away, is just wonderful. Very small and very attractive, shabby chic, classy place with lovely food and staff. Also try Simbads restaurant a short walk along the beach (with loads of parking).
This time we visited El Torca, the Butterfly Farm and Stupa in Benalmadena as well as Malaga old town where we visited the Alcazaba and Gibralfaro. I recommend all of these!
The apartment is conveniently located with lovely views of the sea.
This was a very reasonably priced and good choice we felt. The views from the apartment are lovely and the three communal pools were great. The furthest away was less than 10 mins walk and with three to choose from we could move on if one became too busy. Sometimes they were empty though!
The owner was very friendly and helpful. We were met on arrival by a very pleasant housekeeper who used Google translate to communicate a few basics .We did have to request more towels as there were only four sets instead of 5 but these were delivered promptly. Some good points are:
- Overall we found the apartment spacious and well furnished.
- The kids enjoyed playing some Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam on the Wii provided
- The pools were great and hardly ever busy
- The air-conditioning was a godsend
- Good communication during the booking process and responsive to emails sent whilst we were there
There were a few minor issues which I will list here in the interest of constructive feedback:
- There were no wine glasses at all and hardly any other glasses. We ended up buying some from a charity shop, some of which we left there for the next holidaymakers. A lot of the crockery was chipped and in poor condition. There was some nicer crockery (and a couple of wine glasses!) in a locked cabinet which we had no access to.
- It would have been very useful to have an information booklet as is usual in rental accommodation with some details such as a map to show where the pools are on the complex and the nearest shops/restaurant and basic info for how to use air conditioning/microwave-grill etc. We did manage to work lots of things out for ourselves and Pilar did answer my messages but it was a pain having to pay for data roaming in order to send messages.
- The cords on the blinds in the kids rooms kept popping out when we closed/opened them. I got armache a good few times trying to pop then back in.
These are minor quibbles and easily rectified.
On the whole I would consider going back as it really was well located and well equipped. Pilar was helpful at all times throughout the process and the apartment is as described.
We really enjoyed the beach at Cabopino (15 mins drive away) and shopped at the Lidl close to that beach. We had lunch at Andy's Beach a couple of times. We would get to the beach before 10am and spend a couple of hours then early lunch before it gets too packed. Try the Calamaritos (ask for ailoli with it) and glass of house white. Delicious!
You must visit the breathtaking Alhambra. 2 hours drive and you need to book in advance. A definite highlight of our trip though, as was a trip to Ronda (pay to see the Bullring - fascinating museum in there).
I have booked yet again for may perfect place for a good relax in the sun , the owner is very nice and will try to help you as much as she can , have recommended to all my friends and I know it is getting booked quite quickly
I am staying at the property again over Christmas nice and quiet lovely walks in the hills stunning views as always and still plenty to do , not sure if I mentioned in my last review car hire is highly recommended as shops , bars , beach etc are at the bottom of the hill , 5 mins by car , still a beautiful location and property and will be booking again if it's still available this year
I stayed at this appartment in june for ten days it was just like the pictures and description , waking up to the views amazing , the three pools where excellent and my son was very happy, i am booking for july as soon as possible and would reccomend to all of my friends