All reviews fabulous venue haddock and chips family meal pudding quality hotel full scottish breakfast isle of lewis butt of lewis quiet location tea and coffee stayed here for two nights outer hebrides great decision warm welcome chalet accommodation island
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

We had a lovely meal. Lots of choice. Reasonable prices. Nice location. I would highly recommend the salmon and most definitely the Oreo cheesecake Friendly staff Nice lodges in the grounds Well worth the visit

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Fantastic 2 bedroom cottage tastefully decorated. Warm ,clean and comfortable.Cannot fault anything with our cottage.
Staff in hotel very attentive and no request is a problem.
Food is really good and ample portion size.
Would definitely return .

Room tip: No wifi in cottages but wifi in main building.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This is by far one of the best hotels we have stayed in Scotland. One person in our party needed handicapped accessible accommodation and the Borve Hotel more than met this need. There is an elevator, and a handicapped accessible shower in the room for handicapped guests.
The Wifi is excellent and consistent. Water pressure in the showers and baths is also excellent and hot water plentiful. What we found most striking was the high quality of furniture in all of the rooms. This was a very pleasant surprise. There was a large flat screen TV that was easy to use.
Food was great and staff was very attentive and friendly. Would definitely return and highly recommend.

Room tip: Ask for either room 5 or 6
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

We stayed here for two nights in September and was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was, being so far from anywhere else; modern, clean and food was good.

My husband had booked some fishing on the estate which is also owned by the same people who own the hotel and he would like to mention Donnie and his dog for making his fishing day a memorable one; he thoroughly enjoyed the whole day.

The staff were great - nothing too much trouble - they arranged for my husband to take a packed lunch for his fishing trip.
The only negative thing I can say was the haddock at breakfast - it seemed to be still swimming in a pool of water on the plate!
I would stay again if I was back on the island again - but once you've been to Lewis I can't say there's much to get me back again (not a criticism just my opinion!)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMorris1966
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Visited in August with my husband and young son and enjoyed the nicest meal we had on Isle of Lewis. Delicious and reasonably priced food served by welcoming and friendly staff. Menu was lovely and conservatory was a pleasant place to sit. Well worth a visit.

Date of stay: August 2015