“Utterly brilliant”

Liquid Leisure
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Datchet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Liquid Leisure: The home of Europe’s Largest Aqua Park, set on one of the most beautiful private freshwater lakes amongst stunning parkland in the heart of Berkshire. With the option to wakeboard, waterski or kneeboard on our state of the art cable lake, clamber across our floating obstacle course or just to just relax on our beach by the bar, there’s something for all the family to enjoy. This makes Liquid Leisure the perfect place for you to take your family this summer!
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Best party ever!
We took six 9 year old boys. All were blown away by the Ninja Warrier Aqua course. Twenty minutes free play and then racing the course in pairs. We also tried out the cable body/knee boards which was a real thrill.
Food was great and reasonably priced. Staff were excellent, very accommodating and friendly. The place was spotless. We can’t wait to go back!
A truly great experience for adults and children alike.

1  Thank 124bex
Angela Y, Guest Relations Manager at Liquid Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"birthday treat"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 15 May 2018

After a mistake was made with our booking, on our end. The customer service team looked after us very well. I am very impressed!

The water park is excellent, great fun day out!

Hi Daniel
Thank you for your positive comments , they are very much appreciated.
I hope we will be welcoming you back here again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Superb place to chill out with friends. A lot of things to do. Very helpful and friendly staff. Overall had a great time and my friends loved it. Definitely will be back.

1  Thank Malgorzata G

Hi Malgorzata

Thank you for the lovely review. It's great to read you and your friends enjoyed your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I'll start with the good points... The aqua park was great fun!

Now the bad...

1. AQUA PARK - I know I said it was good! And it really is, BUT it feels like they are forcing you off a lot sooner than the time limit! TIP: Might need 2 sessions.

2. FOOD - As many reviews have mentioned, you can't take in your own food! Incredibly unfair but hey its not too difficult to bring it in a bag! - TIP: I highly recommend leaving your picnic in the car and returning to enjoy your food there! You'll save sooooo much money.

3. DRINKS - It was sunny and I was hoping to enjoy a nice cold bottle of beer in the sun... But a jobs-worth bar tender told me I was not allowed before I go on the aqua park... I can understand them not wanting people drunk in the park...but I was driving that day so I only wanted 1! Let adults decide for themselves! TIP: A bottle is £3.90... bring your own and leave them the car!

4. NO WETSHOES!! WHY?? I'm sure the manager response will be either "health and safety reasons" or "Damage to equipment reasons" but we all know that's a load of rubbish! Not sure what some soft nylon shoes are going to do to it, there's more chance of a long sharp toenail damaging something/someone. I had finished my session and put them back on to walk across the terribly painful floor and I had at least 3 staff members telling me i couldn't wear them on the aqua park...Micromanaging at its finest... TIP: Hide them until your on the aqua park... Then when caught... Runaway...? I don't know but I saw people who had managed to get on with wetshoes on!

5. CHANGING ROOMS... Just a very small room with a bench... No lockers... TIP: bring a big towel if you want some privacy. Leave valuables in the boot of the car.

6. THE FLOOR!! You'd think by having a ridiculous barefoot policy they'd at least make the floor nice to walk on before getting on the aqua park! BUT NO! The floor is wood chippings that you'd find in a garden... Very painful and you can get splinters! I thought I'd be clever and wear my wetshoes right up to the point of entry so that I could put them back on after I'd finished... BUT NO... They make you get off at a completely different part of the aqua park meaning I had a long painful walk back to retrieve them! TIP: Until the brainless management sort out the problem maybe bring 2 pairs of flip-flops... 1 for entry and one left at the exit! They'll try and say they have put down some mats but the gaps are huge meaning you'd have to long jump across them! And there's none leading to toilet! Very inconsiderate and stupid.

7. PADDLEBOARDS... They are blow up boards.... Meaning 10 minutes in, the air escaped and I was stood in the sinking middle with both ends sticking out the water like a big V shape. TIP: Skip this entirely! Save paddleboarding for that nice family holiday in Majorca this summer!

8. WAKEBOARDING - This one really ended the day on a low! Exceptionally poor! I booked a beginners experience hoping to practise getting up on the board and going straight! But you can't do this. Instead you're given a confusing 5 minute training demo on how to KNEEBOARD??? Then you join the MASSIVE queue for the main cable with jumps and all sorts. There's only 6 or so people allowed on the main cable at once and its only when one falls off, another one joins. This presents a problem when there's 6 professional wakeboarders endlessly lapping the course and 30 people waiting in line! After a grueling 35 minute wait, I finally got my go! With no actual training on corners I fell off. Frustrated, I went back and got myself a wakeboard as that's what I paid for. It takes time to learn, and after waiting another 35 minutes, I fell off at the start gate, as did many other first timers... Overall I paid over £30 for approximately 1 minute of being dragged along the water! Exceptionally poor and if you're a learner you are never going to be able to learn as you probably need 3 or 4 attempts at even getting up on the board... And that's over 2 hours of being in a queue which seems to have no limit on the amount of people allowed on! Great if your a professional wakeboarder who can stay on a board for hours though! They have "carry on as long as you like" policy for them. The website says a land lesson and 1.5 hours water time but I can assure you it will be 1.5 minutes if your lucky and the rest stood waiting in line. TIP: The New Forest have a learners wakeboarding cable with 1-1 training! £35 might seem expensive for 15 minutes but to get the same amount of time at this park you'd have to spend 12 hours here it would cost well over £150.

Management: Here's some TIPS for you! Think about the customers rather driving profits as high as you can. Think about what you would expect from a day out yourselves. Think about families that have already spent a fortune at your park and don't want to spend even more on food! Or children that don't want splinters from walking across the floor because of your ridiculous no wetshoes policy (which you should absolutely change ASAP). Doubt you'll do any of them but this review isn't a waste of time because now at least people know what to expect and what to avoid.

14  Thank Cam B