All reviewsspa bathcomfortable bedheat pumpgreat locationfree wifiwith great water pressureburger fuelhush glassbusy roadplunger coffeeseparate showerwithin walking distanceroom was largemain roadfloor to ceilingsmall feeshops and restaurants
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

What a great gem of a motel this place is. The owners are so friendly and will help outcat any time you need them. Their staff cleaning the rooms are always smiling and bubbly. Rooms are a great size with everything needed to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. There is a small kitchen so you can heat up some take away or make a meal. Bathroom is a great size with a wonderful strong shower head. There is a 5 minute walk into a great eating area, there is Chinese food, Burger Place, 2 local pubs, pizza hut, and a number of other restaurants a few more minutes up the road. I do recommend Burger Fuel, best burgers I've had in a long time.
Next time we visit family and friends at the Mount we will definitely be staying at Baywatch Motel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at the Baywatch Motel. The staff were friendly. Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The aircon was great - essential in the summer heat! It's well located to the beach, cafes and restaurants but is on a main road with a little traffic noise. The facilities in our room were a bit dated but in perfect working order and very well looked after. The parking was excellent. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We stayed here while I was competing in the Port of Tauranga Half Ironman. We needed to stay at a place that was comfortable, hassle free, convenient to the beach and friendly. This place ticked all these boxes.

I understand that it is the only Motel on the Mount that has heat pumps in every room; given how hot it is in summer (30+ celcius with high humidity while we were there) this is an absolute must if you like to sleep.

The room was modern with nice big TVs in both the lounge and bedroom, and Sky Guest Select meant that we could watch all New Zealand channels.

I couldn't be happier with our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms here are good; upstairs has a better view but you do have to get your luggage up and down the stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I learned that motels close early on this evening...but the owners were incredibly kind to save me a room and leave the lights on. The room was giant, the kitchenette was great to store my local cheese and wine for the evening all at a great price. Also, fastest internet I had in all of NZ.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Bec P
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We had a nice stay at the Baywatch. The room was large, clean and quiet and was within walking distance to ships and restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, reasonably priced room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple