“An excellence in the middle of nowhere ”

Ristorante La Bandiera
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

This wonderful restaurant is located near Civitella Casanova a small village in the Abruzzo country. The Italian cousine reaches in this restaurant level of absolute excellence: all dishes are for gourmet and the cantine can support the quality of the food. Service level is adequate to high standards. We went there as guests of a friend so nothing to report about price (probably high over 50€ per person).
In any case recommended.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Everything was wonderful at this remote restaurant in the hills of Abruzzo. The service, the wide variety of interesting dishes, the wine, and the flavors! I highly recommend. And if you need to drive a ways to get here in Civitella Casanova, then plan on spending the night in one of their wonderful rooms. They only have about six rooms so reserve one. Then you can enjoy more wine! The pictures others have posted tell you the whole story about this great Chef.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

If you are in this part of Italy this place is not to be missed .or get on a flight to Pescara. Amazing food, we had the tasting menu and paired wines ..booked a night and no idea of the cost..couldn't believe the bill just 220 euros that's meal, wine, bed , beautiful swimming pool and a delicious breakfast..the cakes are just to die for ! . I am not going to try and describe the beautiful food , just look at the photos.Only wish is i had written down information of each dish so I could share with you .
Oh have to add we were made most welcome .A warm welcome.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

What a surprise! Off the beaten track an amazing unforgettable eating experience. It is one of the best restaurants I have eaten at in the ladt few years and I have been to so many. Imaginative food and wines. The price is a steal. Impeccable service. No words will describe my experience. Worth any de tour necessary to eat there.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

What we experienced at La Bandiera was a real feast of the senses. We were definitely not regretting wondering through the hills of Abruzzo in search for this quite secluded place.
I will not speak much of the food as I don't think that I am able to find the proper words to describe the combination of tastes and the creativity of the cook in putting local ingredients in a new light. The artichoke dish was truly a hit.
Combined with the hospitality and pleasant presence of the chef this was really THE culinary experience in our Italian holidays in Abruzzo.
As for the price...this was the least expensive Michelin restaurant I've ever been. Four tasting menus + 1 pasta dish for our child with one bottle of wine at dinner for 220 EUR is actually a prize not reflecting the high standard of this restaurant and the passion put in cooking the exquisite food.

1  Thank Dana78