“Turning 40 in Costa Rica”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Melanie S
Richmond, Virginia
“Turning 40 in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 12 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Where to start........La Choza exceeded my expectations!! Upon arrival, our concierge Adrian greeted us, assisted with our luggage and oriented us to the house and grounds! This was my second visit to the property of Hotel Playa Negra but my first staying in a house on the property. The grounds are maintained daily, so green and landscaped beautifully! You are only one home away from the beach front but can see the ocean from the second story deck! The house accomodations were superb! The rooms were comfortable, each with it's own air conditioning! The outdoor showers allow for starwatching at night! The saltwater, zero entry pool in the back yard was essential for afternoon hangout time when the sun is at it's peak and even has an outdoor restroom. A gas grill is by the pool for those who are lucky enough to bring home a fresh catch on their offshore fishing trip! The kitchen is spacious and has everything you need! The kitchen tap water is filtered so no need to buy cumbersome plastic bottles, there is even a water cooler to chill and heat water! Access to the beach is very close by (no more than a 2-5 minute walk depending on how fast you walk) and the restaurant has breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails, wine, beer and a killer view of the famous Playa Negra surf break! Don't miss out on the Argentinian style BBQ they host once a week, it's delicious! Be sure to visit the gelato shop when it's open- great afternoon treat! The surfshop has some essentials for surf rentals. As 20 min walk to town and there are even more options for shopping, surf and excursion bookings, restaurants and bars to choose from! If you aren't feeling social, have the house chef make you dinner like I did for our group of seven for my 40th Birthday! It was so affordable and super delicious! I guarantee you will make many wonderful memories at La Choza!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
13 Mar 2017
Hi Melanie Thanks so much for your review, we really hope you can come back next year.
You are always welcome to stay here at La Choza.

Best Regards

Adrian
A TripAdvisor Member
“.”
Reviewed 4 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Excellent house .. we were so impressed! This house was more than what I expected! So spacious in and out . Love the huge wrap around porch. We liked the salt water pool my nephews were amazed with this. The fact that we had service, yes we had a lady that came every morning to clean and yes she was so helpful. The location was nice; I felt secured and the beach was walking distance. I can only give them 5 star I wish I could give them mor because my family and I had the best time here! I looking forward to return again!

Management Response
5 Nov 2016
Thanks so much for the review Lilli it was so nice to host your family here at Casa la Choza. We are looking forward to have you guys again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing