“What a lovely little place.”
Review of Kings head inn

Kings head inn
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having visited Bramber Castle this morning, my wife and I came here for lunch.

We went for a light lunch, both having sausage sandwiches. We couldn't resist a bit of pudding as well; a chocolate fudge cake for Aimee and ice cream cheesecake for me. The food was enjoyable and the pub is a lovely little gem of a place; a proper old fashioned village pub.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A really nice real country pub , recommended for all ages and a wide selection of food for kids and adults alike

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I really loved this old inn. I am always amazed that beautiful medieval pubs such as this are still in existence. England is very fortunate. The building itself dates from 1504, and I read that many of the darkened oak beams were derived from old ships. By judging from their appearance, they must have been incorporated into the building when it was built. The atmosphere is very welcoming with its fireplace and ancient beams displaying many horse harness brasses. I had a very pleasant experience just sitting there sipping a glass of wine and soaking up the atmosphere while waiting for my dinner to arrive. Although my hotel has a very good restaurant, I chose to eat two of my dinners here. I normally do not enjoy strong cheeses, but I took a chance and selected two entrees in which one of the main ingredients was Stilton cheese: chicken breast with a Stilton cheese sauce and a broccoli Stilton cheese soup. They were both excellent. The staff was also friendly and accommodating.
At the time of my first visit, a group of classmates were celebrating a 50th birthday. They all wore their school ties. Some also wore rather tight school blazers and their old school hats. I enjoyed watching the old classmates having a great time. Fortunately, I was able to secure the last small table. If I get the opportunity to return to this area, I will definitely return to the King’s Head.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Welcoming and cheerful service. Wholesome food. Nothing was too much trouble. Value for money. Good selection of ales.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Be warned one of the most unwelcome pubs around. Everything appears an effort for the staff, like you are inconveniencing them. Food is ok once it arrives...

2  Thank Mark C