Hay Meadow Farm(Beaworthy)
The George Hotel(Hatherleigh)
US$146
Hotels.com
The White Hart Hotel(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
US$52
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$156
Hotel Endsleigh(Milton Abbot)
US$351
Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
All reviewscamp firewild campingcamping experiencepub walkkitchen areaair bedlydford gorgenatural woodlandvisited dailyproper campingpeace and quiettoilet blockcoleslawfellow campersgolden inntea towelsopen fire
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Then this is the place for you. Was in need of a bit of tranquility and certainly found that here. Beautiful setting, lovely hosts, excellent breakfast and total peace and quiet. Highly recommended their rent a tent option. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank charlenefletcher
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Have just returned from a bank holiday weekend with 5 of my best friends. The surroundings are beautiful and we were made to feel extremely welcome upon arrival. The owners are lovely. We loved the witty instructions around the site and the way we were able to hire equipment. The first morning, we had a cooked breakfast in the small cafe on site. It was lovely and very good value for money.

The negative points would be how we were made to feel by fellow campers. We had another camper come to our tent at half past 6 to ask us to keep the noise down when we were simply playing a game and laughing around the campfire. Half past 6 seems ridiculous to be causing problems such as this. There are no children on site and as mentioned, we were not being particularly loud, just having fun at a decent hour. This put a dampener on the whole trip as we then felt uncomfortable to do anything other than whisper.

Would return but perhaps as a couple rather than a group of friends.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Becky D
Reviewed 20 May 2018

This is an ideal get-away-from-it-all and get-back-to-nature campsite.
I booked a rent-a-tent for four nights, and was very pleased with this option. Especially since it was raining and quite cold when I arrived. I was greeted and shown around by Glen. I unpacked my stuff and then soon afterwards I was joined by my friends who’d been several times already. My pitch was a little walk from the toilet and shower block, and I enjoyed the walk each time very much (well, OK maybe not when it was cold and raining the first night). Mostly I enjoyed listening to the birdsong while I meandered along the pathways. With the rent-a-tent there is a kitchen area, with 2 ring calor gas cooker, plus pans and crockery, and a water container, bowl and tea towels. It really was everything I needed. I tried a breakfast one day – a bacon roll and coffee. Both lovely, with good quality bacon in a home-made roll.
I also bought some bio logs. These lasted about 2 days, and were good.

Possibly due to the time of year, there were a lot of midges and mosquitos around. They didn’t care much for me (I was really Ok about this, I appreciate that I can't be popular all the time), but, they really liked biting my friends, who had a pitch in another area of the campsite. Therefore, they would recommend bringing insect repellent.

There were only a few people staying when we were there, and so there was never a queue for anything and ample car parking spaces available, though I imagine this would be a different case in August.
The phone charging points are very useful, as were the free bottles of frozen water to put in your cool boxes.

There are witty notes around the campsite advising campers how to get the best out of their stay.
I noted that if there was anything wrong with my airbed to just tell the owners. I put this to the test by reporting that my airbed was deflating (half expecting to be told to just pump it up myself). Within around 10 minutes, the airbed had been replaced with another one.

It would be possible to just stay around here for the whole weekend and chill, walking to nearby pubs. This time, we drove out to Cornwall each day, but next time I intend to enjoy at least one day doing one of the pub walks.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ImASunseekerMe
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We had a lovely long Bank Holiday weekend at Hole Station. The pitches are lovely and even on a 'busy' weekend it was like being out in the wild, all you could hear most of the time was the wildlife. We highly recommend the breakfasts on offer. We were recommended the local Lydford Gorge which was also wonderful and we had a great meal in the colourful local - The Junction Inn. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: adults only, quiet,
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky J
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Great campsite where you walk around the site (the woods) and choose your own pitch. Really good set up for us and our tent with a firepit and shelter provided plus a tripod for a couple of extra quid a night to help with cooking over the flames. The owners were really helpful and friendly and suggested places to go in the local area - Lydford Gorge highly recommended - and they even cook you breakfast if you want a break from cooking your own.

We left feeling relaxed and chilled out after only a couple of nights. It's great to switch off every now and again and Hole Station certainly helps you do that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple