“Never again”

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I did the first day of the Abel Tasman great walk and wanted to take a water taxi back from Anchorage to Marahau. I booked the trip in advance and I chose aqua taxi because they seemed to be a big and competent company. Also they advertised that their "boats were built for the conditions in Abel Tasman".

Unfortuanetly it was raining that day. The boat arrived in time. But after that the whole trip was just horrible. The boat was already full so I was told to sit in the rear of the boat. Unfortunately the roof doesn't cover that area. That meant that I became wet up to the underwear from the rain and the waves coming into the boat while most other passengers stayed comfortable and dry inside. I would have expected such conditions from third world countries, but not from a 37 NZD NZ company. After I complained in the office about that issue the lady told me that customers should be prepared to such circumstances. I was not even offered a towel or an excuse. No refund was given, also I was treated like a second-class passenger. They didnt even undeerItamd that they shouldn't make people sit in thw rear of the boat when it ia raining. It may be a good operator if the weather is nice, but never chose this operator if it's raining or if you book in advance... Or "be prepared".

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I recently took a trip with Aua taxi the day after a storm. The sea was still rough but I assumed the company thought it was safe. The time came when we had to disembark. The sea was rough and the gang plank/ramp was bucking wildly so we had to pick our time to disembark, a bit like running the gauntlet! The ramp was narrow and slippery with no hand rails for safety. I slipped off the ramp and fell between the exposed outbourd motor blades and the ramp. Luckily the driver dragged me to safety as the boat was bucking wildly above me. I sustained injuries that I am having treatment for.

1  Thank margymeys
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Super helpful and professional staff. They were flexible when we changed our booking on short notice. Our aqua taxi boat driver was super fun and ensured everyone was safe and comfortable.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We used the aqua taxis for our packs to be transported from bay to bay whilst we walked. The service when booking was great and everyone was so helpful and friendly. Everything was on time and all the advice we got was spot on! When it was raining we were able to stay at the hooked Inn and be picked up and the driver even dropped us off at our motel in motueka so we wouldn't get wet! Everyone was so helpful and genuine, thank you so much.