Review Highlights
One day is not enough

We didn’t have that much time so going on a day tour was our only option. We took an aqua taxi from... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

Reviewed 13 March 2017
Franziska B
Munich, Germany
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I recently took a trip with Aua taxi the day after a storm. The sea was still rough but I assumed the company thought it was safe. The time came when we had to disembark. The sea was rough and the gang plank/ramp was bucking wildly so we had to pick our time to disembark, a bit like running the gauntlet! The ramp was narrow and slippery with no hand rails for safety. I slipped off the ramp and fell between the exposed outbourd motor blades and the ramp. Luckily the driver dragged me to safety as the boat was bucking wildly above me. I sustained injuries that I am having treatment for.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank margymeys
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Super helpful and professional staff. They were flexible when we changed our booking on short notice. Our aqua taxi boat driver was super fun and ensured everyone was safe and comfortable.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We used the aqua taxis for our packs to be transported from bay to bay whilst we walked. The service when booking was great and everyone was so helpful and friendly. Everything was on time and all the advice we got was spot on! When it was raining we were able to stay at the hooked Inn and be picked up and the driver even dropped us off at our motel in motueka so we wouldn't get wet! Everyone was so helpful and genuine, thank you so much.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

We booked the water taxi from Awaroa to Totaranui, once underway we were told we were ahead of schedule so we could go back, away from Totaranui, to see a pod of dolphins. Got close enough to see them playing and surfing in the boats wake. Excellent service

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Aqua Taxi are based in Marahau, making them a convenient outfit for transporting people and bags to and from the Abel Tasman National Park.

We used them to shuttle our bags between overnight stops on the trail, which they're happy to do provided there is at some point a human transfer too.

They explained what was happening with the bags very well, just drop them where you found them by a certain time each morning and we were very impressed by how well they looked after our luggage. Everything was always neatly packed and completely dry.

Our human transfer leg was from Awaroa to Totaranui and the ride was fine. My only piece of constructive feedback would be to give passengers better upfront clarity about who's on what boat, because I observed quite a lot of confusion when 3 or 4 Aqua Taxi boats arrived at the same time. Good clarification upfront would have resulted in less milling around while people tried to figure out who was going where.

Overall I'd highly recommend these guys.

Date of experience: December 2016