“Use this store.”

Ruan Minor Post Office & Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Ruan Minor
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Description: Village store, cafe and Post Office offering extensive range of groceries and local produce. Cornish coffee, cakes and light lunches available from 10am to 4pm in the cafe. Free cash withdrawals along with other banking facilities available in the Post Office
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Stayed in cadgwith for a week and found this store on a walk. Fantastic cob bread. Lovely coffee made by Gary. All you could want from a village store. All here are working hard to make this a success and we wish them well.

thestorerm, Owner at Ruan Minor Post Office & Store, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I'm guessing this is our namesakes Gary and Claire?! I can only say it was a pleasure to meet you both - and thank you for such a great review. I hope we see you in Cornwall again soon. Claire

Reviewed 22 June 2018

On a recent visit to Ruan Minor we visited this shop. The staff were helpful and welcoming. We ordered a pasty for the following morning, which was made just across the road. We picked up some supplies for a beach picnic and the lady found us some disposable cups for our wine.
An absolute Aladdin's Cave - well stocked and also featuring a tiny café for weary travellers or visitors ti the beautiful village.

A great review - thank you!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Friends from London were visiting and we popped in for a cream tea and coffee. The cream tea was far superior to one we had recently at Lizard village. The coffee got the nod of approval from my friends.

I regularly use the shop and Post Office facilities. The artisan bread that is sold here is delicious and highly recommend as is the veg!

Claire and all her staff are very welcoming and friendly and always ready to help. Everything you would expect from a village store

thestorerm, Owner at Ruan Minor Post Office & Store, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Because of the positive comments on TripAdvisor, we went in here for a light lunch

I chose from the "Salad" items on the menu, but when it came, all I got was a pasty and a few leaves on the side, It certainly wasn't a "Salad", not even a salad garnish! So for about £6 all I had was a warmed/microwaved pasty. Also, no-one there was particularly friendly, even in response to please, thank you and the odd smile.

All in all, it seemed very pricey and not the friendly touch I would hope from in a small local business. If you want local milk, bread and eggs - try the friendly Treleague Farm nearby.

Hi Feeacc
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience in my cafe. It's a real shame you didn't speak with me directly at the time, since I agree that a few leaves on the side doesn't constitute a salad and I would have been able to rectify the situation for you at the time. We certainly don't microwave our pasties - they are delivered fresh cooked each day from Leggy's pastys in the village and are kept to temperature in a warmer, in full view on our shop counter. Hot holding procedures according to the food standards agency are also followed, hence why we have a 5 star rating.

I will of course speak with the relevant staff about their customer service skills and re-iterate our plating standards. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Passing through and asked if they do lunch in the cosy, quaint cafe. They do sandwiches, hot pasties or ‘I could do you fish stew with crusty bread’. We opted for the chicken curry and crusty bread which was delicious. A real community hub with a cosy cafe fitted out with ‘reloved’ furniture, a Cornish food section, general. stores and post office. Really helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommended.