“Real Venetian cuisine”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ate in this place 3 times, in 2012 and June 2018. Both times they offer high quality fresh sea food and exquisite service.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 059)

9 - 13 of 3 059 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our water taxi tour guide recommended Madonna to eat and it did not disappoint. I enjoyed the lasagna so much the waiter brought me a second helping at no charge! Great food and awesome service. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to this restaurant before several years ago and wanted to try again. Big mistake. Not sure what has happened but things have a taken a turn towards yuck. We ordered the sole, out came 3 fish each one not more than 5 inches from tail to head. The fish was maybe an 1/4 of an inch thick meaning that the meat on the entire 3 fish came out to be less than a third of a cup of food. Our other main was the lasagna which was mush and also very small....maybe 4 bites. Yes, I get that Americans are used to larger portions and that Italians like to eat more than just one course but really the amount of food was a joke. Just because it's been around forever and is relatively cheap doesn't mean you should go there. Waste of time and money.

1  Thank pindawal
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place thanks to a friend’s recommendation . It’s a traditional Venetian restaurant with delicious food and fresh fish every day!
The wine was amazing as well. It’s not far from Rialto but the prices are way more competitive than any touristic place around the canal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

DO NOT recommend. Was refused to be served when all I wanted to order was a drink and dessert as I’ve already finished dinner elsewhere.
Asked if I could do a takeaway instead as I suppose he wanted a tip or it was restaurant policy to only service dinner and was refused.
I’ve never been refused by a restaurant before just because I only wanted dessert so this was odd. Rude waiter who had 0 level of service as well. It was not even busy...