“Jaanchies”

Jaanchies Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is not your typical restaurant. The birds make this place unique. The owner is full of charm and make sure you really enjoy your time there! The food was okay for us nothing spectacular. I guess the highlights was the sugar birds singing and eating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food is godt, and the atmosphere is great. Cosy restaurant with lots of nicknages, no menu card. The owner will sit down and talk to you about the menu. He is so kind and sweet , and there is lots of birds around. So can higly recommend dropping by...
I had the iguana stew,,that was godt. tastet a bit like chicken .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had read about this place on TA so after swimming with the turtles at the beach down the road we stopped her for lunch. There is no menu the owner comes over to the table and tells you all the specials he has. Asks what you like/don't' like and than makes suggestions. There were 5 of us so we all order something different and shared. Each meal came with rice and beans or fries or salad. We had conch, snapper, stewed chicken, stewed beef, grouper, shrimp and a few other item . We each did a combo plate. We also order a plate of Iguana to try. Tasted like very very boney chicken. At the end of the meal we were taken to rocking chairs and given some ice cream to enjoy. There are tons of birds to watch as you enjoy your lunch and the owner is very friendly. He also gave us a little change purse to take home after paying the bill.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Jaanchies offers nice menues for relaxed guests. Sitting next to hundreds of birds being fed with sugar, it's a pleasure to enjoy and watch. Lovely restaurant, great food and super friendly atmosphere!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

My husband and I stopped here after a morning of snorkeing. We were seated next to the bird feeders, which was perfect for me because I love birds. The owner came to our table and explained how the process of ordering there works. I chose the beef stew and my husband had fish. The food was very tasty and we got a little scoop of ice cream as a specialy treat. I loved watching all the birds while we ate. Upon leaving I was given a little pouch with "I Love Jaanchies" on it. Nice touch. I would definitely recommend visiting this restaurant.