Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
garnik01
Sydney, Australia

Surprisingly good spot in a great location right above the awesome MOJO Market in Sea Point ... with a few issues

Review of Mojo Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Jan 2023via mobile
MoJo Hotel is a very reasonably priced hotel
In the heart of Sea Point directly above the Mo Jo Market which is an awesome dining venue with many great dining options and fantastic live music … in my opinion a must visit …

We even had a room with great view over the sea point pools and ocean ….

The room was a very nice size offered self catering option, was clean and had a nice bathroom area.

They also have off street onsite parking which is a big win

However the down side of this property, possibly explains why it is so reasonably priced ….

1. Very noisy, the neighbours were very loud and noisy 24/7 at both sides and this was made worse by the fact that we shared a balcony separated by only a screen. Despite the music from below going on til quite late it was nowhere near as bad as the noise from the neighbours
2. The aircon was placed high on the ceiling and never worked properly and with load shedding the room was very hot and sleeping became tricky, in fact the upstairs room was almost a bit too hot to sleep in
3. Smoking is allowed on balconies and the cigarette and other smoke was regularly wafting into our room making it quite unpleasant and we were unable to leave the patio door and windows open to get any fresh air
4. Our TV didn’t work and no one bothered coming to fix it
5.. The lift is a pain and very slow, there is only one lift and service staff from all over are constantly using it.
6. The property has no pool or other facilities, but is above the wonderful MO JO market

I would definitely recommend it for young carefree travellers and suggest that older travelers look for a quieter alternative
Trip type: Travelled with family
    R 3 554
    R 3 862
4.1 km from Mojo Hotel
View more hotels in Cape Town
All reviews sea point food market bed dorm air conditioning self catering stay in cape town hostel wifi privacy uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2023

I rely so much on reviews when booking accommodation so feel I have to contribute to improve someone else's experience...

I stayed here on Tuesday 17 Jan. I arrived after 21h00 so I only settled into my room after 22h00. The TV did not work (they promise netflix in the room), I could not find the aircon remote (there were no instructions on how to use it), and there was no hot water. I notified reception at 22h41 via whatsapp but no response, they haven't responded since. I gave the shower a go in the morning again but it was still cold.

I realise this is affordable 'budget' accommodation but I feel hot water is the bare minimum they should provide for their guests.

I often travel to Cape Town alone for work and was really hoping that this would work out as it ticks all the boxes for a short stay, but unfortunately I won't be returning. I did not get what I paid for.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2023

Disappointing on My Birthday

Room was not cleaned properly. Staff having lunch in room. Reception No professionalism. Standard is not the same as before. Inconsistency in all areas. Staff creaming shouting at each other down the passage. Thanks my friends did come.....what an embarrassment. What is happening, clearly the changes are visible - Never again so sad use to be our favorite holiday destination.

Room tip: * No chairs in kitchen and plugs to charge you ph by the bed
Reviewed 16 November 2022

Hotel does not manage guest noise level after hours so if you are planning on getting even just 4 hours of peaceful sleep this is not the place. Travellers arrive and depart at all hours . Currently there is construction downstairs inside the food market but the hotel did not disclose this and placed us directly above it , so no chance to catch 40 winks from 7am onwards. Agoda does not show the full and final price so be very aware if using this platform to book . The location suits our need for restaurants , close proximity to the beach and easy access to the sightseeing bus but nevertheless it is not conducive or worth the price for the reasons given so I won’t be returning.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 27trip123
Reviewed 21 October 2022

The hotel was neat, their staff was very friendly and professional. I loved that it was a walk away from the Beach and had amenities to our convenience. I will definitely utilise their facilities for my next stay in Cape Town

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2022

I had the terrasse room where you have access to the big shared terrasse with seating area to enjoy sun and drinks.
Room was clean with bed, shower and toilet+sink. Very tiny, but great for a short stay.
Underneath the hotel you find the Mojo market with lots of food options from all over the world. The red bus hop on hop off tour is 3 walking minutes away, as well as the beach. Can be loud at night as the bar's and live music they offer are hearable in the rooms (was not a problem for me).

Enjoy your (inexpensive) stay.
Greetings from Austria, Europe